Starter Package for new WordPress projects with:
- In this directory there is a must-use-plugin titled Starter Theme Functionality. This plugin contains useful functions that are project-related rather than theme-related.
- Must Use Plugins are executed (ie. activated automatically) before any other plugins, and cannot be disabled by the user. This is a great way to store important functionality for a WordPress project, and ensure it won't be accidentally deactivated or removed.
- Functions in the plugin: removal of the default link to attachment file on images, removal of the
<p>tag around images, setup of custom editor styles, customization of the excerpt
- WordPress starter theme originally created while taking Zoe Rooney's Neatly Polished WordPress development class
Useful plugins that I use while developing a new WordPress project.
- Admin Post Navigation Akismet
- Codepress Admin Columns
- Theme Check
- What Template Am I Using
- WordPress SEO
- Download the repository and type
sudo npm install) to install the necessary Gulp packages
- Want to change the name to reflect your project? Do a search and replace in your editor for: