Documentation, Tutorials and Reference
The highlights of VTS 3D Stack are:
- complete open source system fro 3D maps streaming and rendering
- massively scalable and performance-oriented
- server-side data intergration tools
- dynamic DEM/DSM streaming
- GDAL raster and OGR vectors with stylesheets
- streams and renders photogrammetric 3D models (I3S, VEF, LODTree)
- WMS/WMTS and Mapbox vector tile support
- coordinate system agnostic with seamless polar caps
- reliance on existing open source libraries (GDAL, PROJ4) and standards
The entire VTS 3D Stack is open source under the BSD 2-clause license.
The sources are available at GitHub/melowntech. For easier instalation, Melown Technologies provide binary packages of all backend components for latest Ubuntu LTS. There is also a convenience package with basic configuration for all componets allowing to install the whole stack using just a :ref:`single package <vts-backend>`.
Alternatively, the VTS 3D Stack components can be run using :ref:`docker-container`.
To obtain :ref:`mapconfig <map-configuration>` for development with VTS client APIs, you can:
- use one of the public URLs available from Melown Tech, or
- set up an account in :ref:`Melown Cloud <melown-cloud>`, or
- install and configure :ref:`VTS streaming servers <vts-backend>`.
Melown Cloud is a cloud 3D map development platform operated by Melown Tech atop of VTS 3D Stack. It is a point-and-click interface to a subset of VTS functionality ideal for smaller projects and less technically savvy users.
It is also a great source of custom :ref:`mapconfigs <map-configuration>` for client application development.
Where to go next
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 1 architecture tutorials/index reference/index