Clone this wiki locally
Memcached 1.4.6 Release Notes
This is a maintenance release with some build fixes, many small bug fixes, and a few major bug fixes. incr/decr are now actually atomic, and a crash with hitting the max connection limit while using multiple interfaces has been fixed.
- Gcc on Solaris sparc wants -R and not -rpath
- Issue 121: Set the runtime path when --with-libevent is used
- Fix autogen failure when unable to find supported command.
- fix race crash for accepting new connections
- fix incr/decr race conditions for binary prot
- fix incr/decr race conditions for ASCII prot
- Compile fix (-Werror=unused-but-set-variable warnings)
- Bind each UDP socket to an a single worker thread in multiport env
- Add support for using multiple ports
- Issue 154: pid file out of sync (created before socket binding)
- Issue 163: Buggy mem_requested values
- Fix cross compilation issues in configure
- Issue 140 - Fix age for items stats
- Issue 131 - ChangeLog is outdated
- Issue 155: bind to multiple interface
- Issue 161 incorrect allocation in cache_create
- Fix type-punning issues exposed with GCC 4.5.1
- Simplify stats aggregation code
- Reverse backward expected/actual params in test
- Issue 152: Fix error message from mget
- Refuse to start if we detect libevent 1.
- Fix compilation issue on Solaris 9 wrt isspace() macro - Resolves issue 111
Multiple port binding
You may now specify multiple addresses by listing -l multiple times.
The following people contributed to this release since 1.4.5.
Note that this is based on who contributed changes, not how they were done. In many cases, a code snippet on the mailing list or a bug report ended up as a commit with your name on it.
Note that this is just a summary of how many changes each person made
which doesn't necessarily reflect how significant each change was.
For details on what led up into a branch, either grab the git repo and
look at the output of
git log 1.4.5..1.4.6 or use a web view.
- Repo list: https://github.com/memcached/memcached/wiki/DevelopmentRepos
- Web View: http://github.com/memcached/memcached/commits/1.4.6
13 Trond Norbye 6 dormando 5 Dan McGee 2 Paul Lindner 1 Jon Jensen 1 nirvanazc