Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Memcached 1.5.3 Release Notes
Bugfix release. Adds "GAT" command from binprot to asciiprot.
- Add warning about time on very low TTL's in doc/protocol.txt
- pledge privdropping support for OpenBSD
- make for loop more clear in logger watcher
- fix theoretical leak in process_bin_stat
- fix use of unitialized array in lru_maintainer
- -o no_hashexpand to disable hash table expansion
- fix chunked items set in binprot, read from ascii
- adds get and touch command for ascii protocol
"gat [exptime] key [key...]\r\n" will fetch the item and refresh its expiration time. This is great for keys you'd normally either manually delete, or set to 0 TTL. Items rarely hit will expire, leaving more room for others.
This command has existed in the binary protocol for a long time, but now there's party for ascii users.
The following people contributed to this release since 1.5.2.
Note that this is based on who contributed changes, not how they were done. In many cases, a code snippet on the mailing list or a bug report ended up as a commit with your name on it.
Note that this is just a summary of how many changes each person made
which doesn't necessarily reflect how significant each change was.
For details on what led up into a branch, either grab the git repo and
look at the output of
git log 1.5.2..1.5.3 or use a web view.
- Repo list: https://github.com/memcached/memcached/wiki/DevelopmentRepos
- Web View: http://github.com/memcached/memcached/commits/1.5.3
6 dormando 1 Giovanni Bechis 1 Theo Najim