This tool is a set of scripts that let you benchmark MemSQL, MySQL, and MongoDB as described in Reading Between the Benchmarks. It simulates a multiplayer game by running queries against a database.
The benchmark is easy to get up and running, and we encourage you to both run it on your own and extend it to test your favorite database/configuration.
We've only tested it on Linux, but there should be nothing preventing it from running on similar *nix systems.
You'll need to install a few Python packages (through
- MySQL-python (requires libmysqlclient-dev and python-dev)
The benchmark configuration is in config.py. The fields are explained inline, and you should visit this file to adjust things like:
- Which database to connect to and where
- How many worker processes to use
- Whether or not to enable printing statistics
- How long the simulation runs
After you've tweaked the configuration options in config.py, just run benchmark with