Import contacts from Gmail, Yahoo and Live accounts within your Django application.
Clone the repository and run the following command.:
python setup.py install
Configure Django Application
- Add django_contact_importer to your INSTALLED_APPS in settings.py.
- Obtain a client id and client secret from providers like Google, Yahoo and Live.
- Set your client id and client secret informations in settings.py.
GOOGLE_CLIENT_ID = your_google_client_id GOOGLE_CLIENT_SECRET = your_google_client_secret YAHOO_CLIENT_ID = your_yahoo_client_id YAHOO_CLIENT_SECRET = your_yahoo_client_secret" LIVE_CLIENT_ID = your_live_client_id LIVE_CLIENT_SECRET = your_live_client_secret
- Open your urls.py and add the following line:
You can now reach the application from http://127.0.0.1/contacts.
There are two templates that you can override from your application.
- contacts/index.html - Lists the providers.
- contacts/invite.html - Lists the contacts retrieved from providers.