Merchello is a highly configurable, developer friendly, open source eCommerce package for Umbraco CMS
Merchello comes with the following core features, but it's also built so you can expand on it to your needs. Here's what you get right out of the box:
- Products with options and variants
- Flat rate shipping provider (by weight or price) for a single warehouse that can be adjusted by country and region
- Cash, Paypal, Purchase & Braintree payment providers
- Both invoicing and orders, created with each purchase
- Multiple currencies
- Product Picker datatype for Umbraco that lets you connect your Merchello product with your Umbraco content.
- Extended Content on Products and Options (Similar to Nested Content) - Use existing Umbraco property editors on your products and options.
- Products & Sales Collections - Organise your products and sales efficiently
You can download releases of Merchello via our package on our.umbraco.org
Documentation / Website
Our documentation is a tad outdated, but it's all we have at the moment. We are always looking for help with the docs ;)
Everything we develop, create and spend time on here at Merchello is done entirely FREE for the Umbraco community.
Gratitude licenses ensure that we can put in that extra time to polish and enhance Merchello so all of the Umbraco community benefit.
So if you can't help Merchello through writing docs, fixing bugs or developing new features. How about just purchasing a Gratitude License?
Merchello's forum is an extension of it's project package on our.umbraco.org, and if you have questions about use, implementation, or have ideas you want to share with us to make it better, then this is the best place to post your questions.
We would love and need your help. If you want to contribute to Merchello's core, the easiest way to get started is to fork the project on GitHub and open
src/Merchello.sln in Visual Studio.
Once you are done, just build and run. The project comes with a local SQLCE database with the Bazaar starter kit. The login for the back office is
We're excited to see what you do!
Please report bugs you find!
If you don't want to dip your fingers into the core, one of the best ways you can contribute to Merchello is by letting us know if something is going wrong. This feedback is very useful to us - we can't catch them all! To view existing issues or submit one of your own, visit https://github.com/merchello/merchello/issues.