A media server that runs on node.
- ffmpeg - This server requires ffmpeg to generate thumbnails, subtitles, and burn tracks. Install ffmpeg and place it in your path.
- MongoDB - This server requires MongoDB to store media and library information. The easiest way to do this is in a Docker container.
Install and run the server
npm install -g merriman merriman init movies # create a config file called movies.config.json. tweak as necessary merriman run movies.config.json
Running the server
merriman run config.json
- Start an instance of MongoDB.
- Install ffmpeg
- Create a directory to house uploaded media
- Create a directory to house uploaded thumbnails
- Configure the connection string, media, and thumbnail paths in the development config
npm run server:watchto start the server
npm startto start the UI