Simple File Uploader
Simple File Uploader is a file uploader written using HTML5 and Node.js. It can upload both to a local directory on the server or to an AWS S3 server.
Seeing that many people are actually interested in both HTML5 File API and Node.js, decided to write a simple file uploader application as many of the examples out there are a bit complicated for beginners. Hope this helps!
- Clone the repository or download and extract the files.
- Install Node.js if you haven't already.
- Go to the project directory.
- Run the command
npm installto install the dependencies.
config.jsif you wish to change the upload directory or use AWS S3.
- Run the application using
- Go to
<IP_ADDRESS>is the IP address of the machine where the application is running and the
<PORT>is the port number defined in
- Drag and drop files to the marked area or click the text and select files to upload the files.
- Clicking the area now opens a file dialog to enable non-drag-and-drop uploads.
- Rewrote the parts that were using jQuery and removed jQuery from the project.
- Simplified the look and feel and made it small-screen-friendly.
- Initial release.
This application is released under the MIT License. See the
LICENSE file for details.