Collie is a tool for building and managing landing zones for AWS, Azure or GCP as terraform modules.
Use collie to
- define your core cloud architecture and landing zone(s) using maintainable terraform modules
- discover and leverage ready-to-use modules implementing best-practice solutions to common landing zone challenges from Collie Hub
- leverage an efficient, opinionated terraform workflow that eliminates boilerplate and produces great documentation for application and security teams
🥜 Collie in a nutshell
Collie is a tool to streamline building and managing landing zones using terraform for AWS, Azure and GCP. Think of collie like a wrapper around terraform to scaffold, develop and deploy terraform modules.
- platform engineers use collie to manage a structured git repository containing all code defining their landing zone(s)
- collie leverages a terraform workflow (powered by terragrunt) to break down complex landing zones into modular, logically structured kit modules
- kit modules are standard terraform modules following minimal conventions
- collie lets you import community-maintained modules from Collie Hub and customize them in a fork & own approach
Binary downloads of collie can be found on the Releases page.
Unpack the collie binary and add it to your PATH and you are good to go!
We also provide installation scripts:
curl -sf -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/meshcloud/collie-cli/main/install.sh | sudo bash
curl -sf -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/meshcloud/collie-cli/main/install.sh | sh
irm https://raw.githubusercontent.com/meshcloud/collie-cli/main/install.ps1 | iex
To use collie, you'll need to have the following tools installed.
- terraform to define landing zones using infrastructure as code
- terragrunt to build and deploy terraform
- terraform-docs to generate terraform module documentation
- (optional) node.js to preview your cloud foundation documentation in a local webserver
For each cloud platform you want to manage, you'll need the cloud CLI installed.
- For AWS, this is the
awsCLI. Install it here. Do not use the Docker install method.
- For Azure, this is the
azCLI. Install it here.
- For Google Cloud, this is the
gcloudCLI. Install it here.
Community, Discussion, Support
For contributers, please review CONTRIBUTING.md.