Mesibo Messenger for Android - Kotlin
- This is an old verion. We have updated Java version and we will soon update Kotlin version. Visit here for Java version https://github.com/mesibo/messenger-app-android
- This kotlin version is created by converting java code using Android Studio
- If this is the first time you are using kotlin in your project, Android Studio might display a warning that Kotlin is not configured in the project. Configure Kotlin by clicking Configure either in the upper right corner of the editor or in the event log alert that pops up in the lower-right corner. Refer to the official documentation here
Mesibo Messenger is an open-source app with real-time messaging, voice and video call features. This repo contains the source code for Mesibo Messenger App for Android. The GitHub repository for iOS version is here.
- One-on-one messaging and Group chat
- High quality voice and video calling
- Rich messaging (text, picture, video, audio, other files)
- Location sharing
- Message status and typing indicators
- Online status (presence) and real-time profile update
- Push notifications
Latest versions are also available through Google Play Store and Apple App Store:
Downloading the Source Code
Clone the Repository (Recommended)
If you have git installed, this is a recommended approach as you can quickly sync and stay up to date with the latest version. This is also a preferred way of downloading the code if you decide to contribute to the project.
To download, open a terminal and issue following commands:
$ mkdir Messenger $ cd Messenger $ git clone https://github.com/mesibo/messenger-app-android.git
Download the code as a zip file
You can also download the complete Android Messenger source code as a zip file. Although simple, the downsize of this approach is that you will have to download the complete source code everytime it is updated on the repository.
Whatever approach you take to download the code, it is important to stay up-to-date with the latest changes, new features, fixes etc. Ensure to Star(*) the project on GitHub to get notified whenever the source code is updated.
Build and Run
Before we dive into building and running a fully featured Messenger for Android, ensure that you've read the following.
- Latest Android Studio Installed
- An Android Device
Building the code is as simple as:
- Launch Android Studio
- Open the project from the folder where you have downloaded the code using menu
File -> Open
- Build using menu
Build -> Rebuild Project
- It may take a while to build the project for the first time.
- Once the build is over, run on the device using menu
Run -> Run (app)
- That's it, you should see the welcome screen like below.
Login using your phone number and OTP 123456. You can even start using the app you've just built to communicate with your family and friends.
Key SDKs user in this project
These apps use following Mesibo SDKs.
- Mesibo SDK
- Mesibo Messaging UI Module
- Mesibo Call UI Module
These apps also use following third party libraries/services.