DEPRECATED This project is no longer actively maintained. Please see DC/OS Vagrant for all your Mesos test environment needs.
Playa Mesos helps you quickly create Apache Mesos test environments. This project relies on VirtualBox, Vagrant, and an Ubuntu box image which has Mesos and Marathon pre-installed. The box image is downloadable for your convenience, but it can also be built from source using Packer.
- VirtualBox 4.2+
- Vagrant 1.3+
- git (command line tool)
- Packer 0.5+ (optional)
- VMware Fusion or Workstation (optional)
- Vagrant Plugin for VMware Fusion or Workstation (optional)
git clone https://github.com/mesosphere/playa-mesos.git cd playa-mesos
- Make sure tests pass
- Start the VM
SSH to the VM
vagrant ssh ps -eaf | grep mesos exit
- Halt the VM
- Destroy the VM
Building the Mesos box image (optional)
- Install Packer
Installing Packer is not completely automatic. Once you have downloaded and
extracted Packer, you must update your search path so that the
executable can be found.
# EXAMPLE - PACKER LOCATION MUST BE ADJUSTED export PATH=$PATH:/path/where/i/extracted/packer/archive/
- Destroy any existing VM
- Build the Vagrant box image
- Start the VM using the local box image
The build is controlled with the following files:
- vagrant-mesos: Vagrant provisioning with multinode and EC2 support
- babushka-mesos: It is Babushka based provisioning of Mesos Cluster which can help you demonstrate potential of mesos.