Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
If you have a feature suggestion, but don't have accompanying code, you can post it here for tracking and further discussion.
Searches input formats (e.g. regexes)
- Don't use prefix queries/filters
- Index 06perms | see also 462 | see also 952
- split out the pause ID, email address and put them in separate fields - so can list author's contributions on author page
- Support http - for stumbleupon etc
Not expected results
Improved results / links
- Flag unauthorised releases
- Orphan dists get presented with a wrong / confusing link
- Wrong previous versions and not found links
- Find license / abstract even when not in META
- Change log parser improvement
RSS / Subscription
- 'star' dists - to flag interest instead of approval
- More info on account links
- Login via OpenID
- Delete all information associated with an account
- Merge two accounts
User pages - a public page for every user (even non-authors)
- Show releases superceded by newer releases of other authors
- Author newsfeed mashup of github and twitter activity
- Show who ++'ed my modules
- Google Analytics For Module Pages
- Add bitcoin and paypal donations
- Add link to CPANTS (e.g. http://cpants.cpanauthors.org/author/ETHER) and include Kwalitee ranking - small
- Notify the author (by E-mail/etc.) when MetaCPAN was unable to index a new release of the distribution, while mentioning the error
- CPANTester pass/fail count on each listed module (helps the author see especially on old/stable modules, helps others quickly assess trustworthiness of authors)
- Show IRC nickname of author on profile page
- use anchor tags in Changes file for each version
- Handle GNU style files vs Changlog
- BLOG feed - more than just changes (should be discussed with #toolchain)
- when a search only returns one item, just display that item
- Show reverse dependency count in list | see also 913 | see also 922 | see also 764 | see also 883
- Split reverse dependencies out by phase (configure, build, runtime, test, develop)
- Anchor to code examples
- order date - e.g. author page
- Include author from META in the "Contributors" Section
- "Ignore Whitespace" switch in diff view - small
- Link to site that generates epub/pdf from pod - http://perlybook.org/
List all authors with comaint
- Here's a mock-up for how it could look.
- Show if abandoned
- Track and report on views/downloads - Large - maybe via fastly and streaming logs?
Display primary author
- Here's a mock-up for how it could look.
- Pod -> syntax highlighting hints for code blocks
- provide and show status images
- unhelpful =head1 NAME fix?
- source with Line directives to show multiple line number columns
- prereq diff
- Show CPANTS score (percentage) next to the CPANTS link in left sidebar - small
- in the page https://metacpan.org/release/RJBS/perl-5.18.0 , the "Go to version" select box in the left sidebar lists numerified entries like "5.018001 DEV (RJBS on 2013-08-04)". change this to display the full version number string, such as "perl-5.18.1-RC2 DEV (RJBS on 2013-08-04)" please.
- indicate whether the distribution is marked as needing help (comaint held by the PAUSE id NEEDHELP, ADOPTME or HANDOFF)
- Show minimum required perl version for a module/distribution somewhere, if it is retrievable, so that one can see it without looking at the source. (If you are like me you will look at the source anyway sooner or later, but still! :-)
- Reverse dependency count
- Provide OS and package information if the distribution is packaged (Linux, Debian, ActiveState, RedHat, etc).
- The MD5 (or option to see it) for each distribution should be displayed, ideally close to the download link.
- Add a
/repository/<dist name>to redirect to the current repo for an dist
- Host github-meets-cpan. Low traffic.
- Help Make CPAN better
- SEOLinks - What we'd like to get switched over to help people find MetaCPAN in the first place
- Prominent button to [Create your own CPAN module] - could link to other information, tips to get started, how to use PAUSE. Basically lots of people browse, give an obvious entry point to get tips, or learn how to create and upload a module.
- Include an upcoming Perl Events calendar on the metacpan home page as a way to encourage participation in Perl workshops and conferences.
- Add a pod2html page similar to search.cpan's pod2html so people can see what their POD will look like on metacpan.
- Allow to view
.htmlfiles in dist. Like
search.cpan.orgallow link1, link2