Go packages for working with OpenGL. While more or less adequate for general use, they're being developed in conjunction with go:ngine and thus tend to be slightly tweaked, optimized or designed around go:ngine's needs and usage patterns.
- includes strictly only GL core profile functionality from version 3.3 onwards (up until 4.3) -- note, this does not mean that a core profile context is required, although it is probably advisable on any current-gen GPU with recent drivers
- no compatibility-profile-only functionality or any that was deprecated or removed at some (any) point
- Init() and "stolen-from-GoGL" utility functions moved to a Util struct: so every exported (non-method) function is a direct CGO binding function. (Just minor cosmetics really.)
- added to Util: ErrorFlags() method
- embeds the following GL extensions right inside the same binding package:
Based on the above core GL binding package, provides higher-level utility constructs and a few sane lean minimalist wrappers (without going full-on "OO"-overboard).
- opengl-minimal-app: a "minimal" program using OpenGL core profile to draw a triangle and a quad, to test the above core GL binding package with GLFW
- gogl-minimal-app: same but with the GoGL (gl43) binding
- gen-opengl-bindings: used to generate the above core GL binding package