The following are errata for the Metamath 2019 ("Second Edition") book dated 2019-06-02:
- Section 1.4.2 (page 32, paragraph 3) - there's an extraneous ")" after the term set.mm.
- Section 2.4 (page 52) and further shows this text after some assign commands: "To undo the assignment, DELETE STEP ... and INITIALIZE, UNIFY if needed." This text is no longer shown. When the first edition of the book was written, metamath.exe didn't have the 'undo'/'redo' commands (added in 2013; see 'help undo'), so hints were provided by some commands for how to undo them manually. These hints are no longer displayed since they are no longer needed.
- Section 3.3.2 and 3.3.3 headings (page 71) - the headings go past the intended margin (though they're quite readable).
- Section 3.9.3 (page 97) - "appraoch" should be "approach".
- Section 4.3 (page 138) - there is a superfluous comma: "... option to hide, them, but today ...".
- Chapter 5 mentions the minimize command, but does not describe it in detail. A future version of the book might describe it in more detail.
- Section 5.6.3
set empty_substitutionCommand (page 171) - there's a duplication and the first bracketed text could be removed. It says: "(An example where this must be on would be a system that implements a Deduction Rule and in which deductions from empty assumption lists would be permissible. The MIU-system described in Appendix D is another example.) Note that empty substitutions are always permissible in proof verification (VERIFY PROOF...) outside the Proof Assistant. (See the MIU system in the Metamath book for an example of a system needing empty substitutions; another example would be a system that implements a Deduction Rule and in which deductions from empty assumption lists would be permissible.)"