Inspiration is a Ruby script creating a portfolio of images from an RSS feed.
- It takes a delicious.com RSS feed
- Scraps / screenshots webpages the feed items are pointing at
- Resizes images with ImageMagick to thumbnails and normal sizes
- Uploads images to Amazon S3
- Generates a HTML to show the portfolio
Check out the result: http://www.shopledge.com/portfolio/inspiration/
How it works?
- You don't have to regenerate all images, just the latest items added to your Delicious bookmarks
- You can set the size for all versions of images
- Already existing screenshots will be skipped
- Already uploaded files will be skipped
- You can run modularly the script, step by step, or skipping directly to HTML generation
IMG_DIR = 'images'
IMG_THUMB_SIZE = '400x300'
IMG_THUMB = "_thumb"
IMG_SIZE = '600x'
IMG_FINAL = "_large"
IMG_FILENAME_SIZE = 50
IMG_TIMEOUT = 20 // for waiting for screenshots
S3_ID = ""
S3_KEY = ""
S3_BUCKET = "bucket-name"
S3_PUBLIC = 'https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/' // right_aws doesn't get correctly the public link of the uploaded image
HTML_FILE = "inspiration.html"
HTML_ITEM_PREFIX = '' // lists, divs, etc. ... containers for the image
HTML_ITEM_SUFFIX = '' // Closing tag for PREFIX
HTML_TOGGLE = '' // tags for toggle larger images. See source for example