Criollo is a theme started as a fork of Cocoa Enhanced cocoa-eh. I do not aim to maintain it for a wider audience yet, but I share it anyway. My aim was to make a very clean theme, with some specific features fine tuned for a technical blog.
I use and maintain it for my website, metebalci.com.
Criollo is one of the three varieties of cocoa plant.
- Homepage with latest posts.
- iubenda for compliance, privacy and cookie policies and cookie consent.
- Disqus for commenting.
- MathJax for mathematical formulas.
- Graphviz with viz.js.
- Mailchimp integration.
- Share posts on Twitter and Linkedin.
- RSS feed.
- SEO friendly with title, description and keywords.
- description is derived from front matter description or if not exists page's Summary variable. It is plainified.
- keywords are taken from front matter keywords list.
- applause button, modified from applause-button, using Firestore as a backend.
Template Structure for Home, Single and List (Section) Pages
- Home page: layouts/_default/home.html
- Pages not under any section (about etc.): layouts/_default/single.html
- Blog listing: layouts/blog/section.html
- Blog post: layouts/blog/single.html
- 404 page: layouts/404.html
- header.html: opens html, includes head.html, opens body, renders navigation
- head.html: opens head, includes 3rd party partials below, includes meta.html, includes head_includes.html, includes applause.html
- meta.html: sets meta tags, tags important for SEO, twitter card tags, opengraph tags
- head_includes.html: includes non-script resources such as css, font, favicon, RSS link
- applause.html: applause support, requires firebase firestore
- body_home.html: no page_heading, includes li.html (used as blog section partial as well)
- body_base_single.html: renders content, includes page_heading.html
- body_blog_single.html: renders content, includes page_heading.html
- page_heading.html: renders page heading
- li_html: renders a single list item
- footer.html: renders copyright and RSS link, includes footer_scripts.html
- footer_scripts.html: any scripts that needs to be included at the end of body
- google-analytics.html: included if page is marked with gaTrackingID
- iubenda-cookie-solution.html: included always
- mathjax.html: included only if page is marked with math: true
- Git Abbreviated Hash: layouts/shortcodes/githash.html
Compliance and Cookie Consent
The theme only uses Inconsolata monospace.
I aim the theme to be very fast, but to be honest it is not my first priority. However, I regularly check my site (metebalci.com) and it always hits green (if not 100%) on Pagespeed.
- gaTrackingID: Google Analytics tracking ID
- share: true/false
- share_[twitter|linkedin]: true/false
- applause: true/false, also requires firebase_api_key, firebase_auth_domain and firestore_project_id
Licensed under the MIT License. See the LICENSE for more.