Meteor Typescript Compiler
TypeScript is supported on both the client and the server. Files ending with
See http://www.typescriptlang.org for more information.
npm install -g typescript, you must be running version 1.4*
From your Meteor project, type
meteor add meteortypescript:compiler
That's it! From now on, all
- Compiler is used for server & client assets using the tsc command.
- Compilation uses ECMAScript5 generation on the server & ECMAScript3 on the client.
- Libraries such as meteor.d.ts or node.d.ts are not bundled with the project (ie. ), please grab them from https://github.com/meteor-typescript/meteor-typescript-libs.
- Sample demos built around Meteor+TypeScript can be found in the samples folder.
Using Typescript with Meteor
- Create a lib folder in your project, add meteor.d.ts or any other ts description files you may be interested in.
- Refer to the following coding guidelines.
- When working with an IDE such as WebStorm, be sure to disable typescript generation.
- Authored by Jason Parekh and Olivier Refalo.
- The code is based from the Meteor coffeescript package.
- Feb 22 2015 - support for source maps. comments are now removed from generated files.
- Feb 17 2015 - typescrypt-compiler v2, batch compilation using tsc - code merged from meteor-tsc, thanks to jason parekh.
- Oct 26 2014 - Upgraded package to latest atmosphere, fixed issues with caching.
- March 2014 - meteortypescript organization is now live. please join and contribute.
- May 6 2014 - switched internal compiler to ts-compiler, full support for ts 1.0.