Last Major Update: 07/08/2014
Touchstone is a collection of projects with the intention of showcasing the following lessons & Rackspace Cloud capabilties:
- How to architect projects to properly use the current best practices of web development & cloud computing
- Where one should be decoupling responsibility amongst services to provide the best performance, functionaliy and content delivery with minimal delay & disruption
- How to properly consume & utilize Rackspace Cloud resources
- How to organzie & orchestrate the provisioning of cloud infrastructure and leveraging this capability to allow for the self-configuration of web services in the rest of the stack above
- Projects are based on an OpenStack Heat HOT template (defined in YAML) that self-provisions, installs and configures the project when provided into a Heat enabled environment.
- Where applicable, projects could have templates that function for both Rackspace's Public Cloud & Rackspace's Private Cloud
- Rackspace's Public Cloud Orchestration (aka "Heat") capabilities are currently available via API only
- Rackspace's Private Cloud Heat capabilties are currenlty available via API and Dashboard after modifying the Opscode Chef run list to include 'role[heat-all]'