The Sitecore SXA generator for Yeoman allows you to easily add new features to your Sitecore SXA solution, while following the Helix guidelines.
- Generates two projects for storing the code and items of your feature.
- Adds scaffolding code required for a new SXA component.
- Adds Sitecore items that register the component in Sitecore and in the SXA toolbox.
- Automatically recognizes the structure of your solution and adds the projects in correct folders.
- Only SXA 1.6 is supported at the moment. We plan to add SXA 1.7 support in the near future.
- Sitecore items are added as TDS projects. We need volunteers to add support for Unicorn.
- The logic that recognizes solution structure needs to be further improved.
Seting up the generator
Note: the generator will soon be available in npm as well, which will make its installation easier.
- Install npm
- Install Yeoman globally:
npm install -g yo
- Clone this repository to your file system
- Open the command line and navigate to the root of the cloned repository
Preparing the solution
- If you don't have a solution yet, create one, or generate it using the Helix generator.
- Make sure that the Sitecore NuGet feed is set up in Visual Studio
Running the generator
- Open the command line and navigate to the root of your solution
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Open the solution and restore NuGet packages
You are now ready to develop your new SXA component!