Corvax: a chess engine
Corvax is a chess engine I developed in the autumn of 2015. I didn't really know what I was doing, so it reached the stage where a complete rewrite would be easier than continuing to develop it. Instead I got bored and did something else.
- Plays legal chess, apart from some complications to do with the fifty-move rule.
- A vaguely xboard-compatible interface.
- Lots of sexy search speedups, including killer moves, aspiration search, late move reduction, futility pruning, principal variation search, null move heuristic, etc.
- An evaluation function which is not completely terrible.
- Scores 295/300 on the Win At Chess test set.