Marlin 3D Printer Firmware
Additional documentation can be found at the Marlin Home Page. Please test this firmware and let us know if it misbehaves in any way. Volunteers are standing by!
Not for production use. Use with caution!
This branch is used to accumulate patches to the latest 1.1.x release version. Periodically this branch will form the basis for the next minor 1.1.x release.
Download earlier versions of Marlin on the Releases page. (The latest tagged release of Marlin is version 1.1.1.)
- Further integration of Unified Bed Leveling
- Initial UBL LCD Menu
- New optimized G-code parser singleton
- Initial M3/M4/M5 Spindle and Laser support
- Added M421 Q to offset a mesh point
- Refinements to G26 and G33
- Added M80 S to query the power state
- "Cancel Print" now shuts off heaters
EXTRAPOLATE_BEYOND_GRIDoption for mesh-based leveling
Proposed patches should be submitted as a Pull Request against this branch (bugfix-1.1.x).
- This branch is for fixing bugs and integrating any new features for the duration of the Marlin 1.1.x life-cycle. We've opted for a simplified branch structure while we work on the maintainability and encapsulation of code modules. Version 1.2 and beyond should improve on separation of bug fixes and cutting-edge development.
- Follow the proper coding style to gain points with the maintainers. See our Coding Standards page for more information.
- Please submit your questions and concerns to the Issue Queue. The "naive" question is often the one we forget to ask.
The current Marlin dev team consists of:
- Roxanne Neufeld [@Roxy-3D] - English
- Scott Lahteine [@thinkyhead] - English
- Bob Kuhn [@Bob-the-Kuhn] - English
- Andreas Hardtung [@AnHardt] - Deutsch, English
- Nico Tonnhofer [@Wurstnase] - Deutsch, English
- Jochen Groppe [@CONSULitAS] - Deutsch, English
- João Brazio [@jbrazio] - Portuguese, English
- Bo Hermannsen [@boelle] - Danish, English
- Bob Cousins [@bobc] - English
- Chris Palmer [@nophead]
- Erik van der Zalm [@ErikZalm]
- David Braam [@daid]
- Bernhard Kubicek [@bkubicek]
More features have been added by:
- Alberto Cotronei [@MagoKimbra] - English, Italian
- Thomas Moore [@tcm0116]
- Ernesto Martinez [@emartinez167]
- Petr Zahradnik [@clexpert]
- Kai [@Kaibob2]
- Edward Patel [@epatel]
- F. Malpartida [@fmalpartida] - English, Spanish
- [@esenapaj] - English, Japanese
- Luc Van Daele[@LVD-AC] - Dutch, French, English
- ...and many others
Marlin is published under the GPL license because we believe in open development. The GPL comes with both rights and obligations. Whether you use Marlin firmware as the driver for your open or closed-source product, you must keep Marlin open, and you must provide your compatible Marlin source code to end users upon request. The most straightforward way to comply with the Marlin license is to make a fork of Marlin on Github, perform your modifications, and direct users to your modified fork.
While we can't prevent the use of this code in products (3D printers, CNC, etc.) that are closed source or crippled by a patent, we would prefer that you choose another firmware or, better yet, make your own.