Modern Web Development 2013
This is the github repository of a presentation and live demo I gave at LIACS, Leiden University in December 2013. This repository contains the code I used and wrote during the live demo.
We developed at a simple application in 4 stages:
- (S)CSS + AngularJS
- Twitter Bootstrap + More (S)CSS
A lot, unfortunately, could not be covered in 90 minutes. I was hoping to also write a small Node.js server with MongoDB database, but that turned out to be overly ambitious.
Here are some of the links that I mentioned during the presentation, plus some extras that I think will be useful. In general, if you want to learn to use some technology
x, search Youtube for
x tutorial and look for one with many views and positive votes. There are some excellent vids out there:
- My Blogpost (comments here and here); it contains links to all the official websites of the web-technologies I mentioned.
- TODO MVC: the same TODO application written in many different frameworks
- Youtube: Twitter Bootstrap Tutorial
- Youtube: SASS Tutorial
- Youtube: Quick Introduction to MongoDB in Node.js
- Talescape: A recent project of mine (and shameless plug). It uses much of what I've demonstrated: