Open Nutrient Lattice
An Open Source Automated Food Production System
NOTE: These hardware designs are subject to rapid hardware and software design changes. This includes changes pushed to "master". Eventually we will move to a git workflow where only production changes will appear in master but we are not yet at that point.
10,000 Foot View
The eventual Goal is to create a low cost system that produces enough food to feed one person for one week every two weeks without any human interaction. This is going to be done via automation, microgreens and horizontally scaling production strategies.
- Minimize human interaction. Humans should pick up a ready to eat product.
- Minimize consumables. The only consumables should be, water, seeds, fertilizer, and electricity.
- Minimize maintenance.
- Follow principals outlined here
State of Development
Plants are now growing in v0.0.20!
With the anti-root-clog system and majorly overhauled supersized drain system I exsect no clogging this time around.
I am now measuring my materials more meaningfully and keeping more detailed grow logs. Those will be published soon.
After I have meaningful plant growth updated photos of the v0.0.20 build will also be published.
Things to be done
- Document build process
- Add filter to stop plants from clogging elements of the pump
- Add automated harvesting via "combing" the rows.
- Add automated bundling and packaging of plants.
- Add sensor suite for water management.
- Add sensor suite for uv light management.