Enigma Machine Simulator
Author: Matt Iandoli
Date: February 2019
How it Works?
Enigma machine details
- General details can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_machine
- More specific details at http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/enigmatech.htm
- All the individual components are matched to be the same as a real enigma
- The machine simulates the current running thru each component
- Key -> Plugboard -> Rotor 1 -> R2 -> R3 -> Reflector -> R3 -> R2 -> R1 -> P -> Lamp
How to Use it?
- Type the message on the key board (make sure to only click one key at a time)
- Only letters from A-Z and "space" will be encrypted ("space" -> X)
- Rotor positions can be changed from the outside of the machine by scrolling on the letter with the mouse wheel
- By opening the inside compartment, rotors can be swapped by clicking on them
- Each rotor's ring setting can be changed by clicking on the rotor
- Reflectors can be swapped by clicking on it
- By opening the front compartment, plugs can be connected on the plugboard
Inside rotor compartment
This web-app was created to be used as a simulator and pair with the Bombe I'm going to create. This means I did not design the HTML/graphics for all screens/web deployment. The machine should work on all browsers and screen sizes but some graphics (specifically plugboard lines) might appear slightly off.