A better WeChat on Mac OS X and Linux. Fewer bugs, more features. Build with Electron.
- Modern UI and all features from Web WeChat.
- Block message recall.
- Stickers showing support. [?]
- Share subscribed passages on Weibo, Qzone, Facebook, Twitter, Evernote and email.
- Mention users in a group chat.
- Drag and drop to send photos.
- Behaves like a native app, based on dozens of optimisation.
- Removes URL link redirects and takes you directly to blocked websites (e.g. taobao.com).
How To Use
# Clone this repository git clone https://github.com/geeeeeeeeek/electronic-wechat.git # Go into the repository cd electronic-wechat # Install dependencies and run the app npm install && npm start
To pack into an app, simply type one of these:
npm run build:osx npm run build:linux
New: Install with your familiar package manager. Check out images maintained by the community!
New: Or, with homebrew!
brew cask install electronic-wechat
Electronic WeChat is released by this open source project. While Web WeChat is a major component in the app, it should be noted that this is a community release and not an official WeChat release.