Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
##Open Source Projects
- A unified front-end for different queuing backends. Includes a REST server, CLI interface and daemon runners.
- Composer project listed on Packagist.
- Here's an example of how PHP-Queue was used with IslamicEvents.sg for their Prayer Time Facebook App. (presentation slides).
- This is installed at HackerspaceSG to allow access to the magnetic door lock.
- Its done with an Arduino microcontroller that triggers a relay to open the door.
- The "Door Open" trigger is access via a web server hosted on the Arduino via the Arduino Ethernet Shield.
- Here's a presentation I made at Hack n Tell SG.
- The door is augmented with a separate Raspberry Pi to provide public access via the HackerspaceSG's own IPv6 network.
- We build the publicly accessible HSG Door Web Interface. HSG members can trigger the "door open" signal with their door access PIN.
##Mobile ####Found iPhone App
- Maintained the native iPhone application for Found.
- New features introduced:
- Photo browsing, upload
- Private Messaging
- Sharing on Facebook / Twitter using ASI HttpRequest class
- Consumed content directly from Sparklette’s WordPress blog using a JSON API plugin.
- Customized category listing and location / region search for food delights.
- Push Notification when new articles are published.
####MyTriple-O Pte Ltd – Website Revamp
- Helped client to strategize and leverage on their huge volume of nicely taken photos.
- Created new site with more focus on the lifestyle attraction of their products – not just about the technological benefits.
- Resulted in 10-fold increase in traffic and leads generated.
####Putri Ayu Nyonya Kuey Pte Ltd – Website Revamp
- Rebranding of company with will corporate identity.
- Royal colors were used and integrated extensively in the new site design.
- Brought new life to an old traditional household brand.
####ACA Pacific Pte Ltd - Corporate Website Revamp
- Needed to update their corporate website to reflect their regional presence as well as their widened range of products and services.
- Created corporate site with multiple micro-site for individual sub-brands in the company.
- Also integrated an events management system into the site to help them plan for training courses.
####SIFAS – Indian Fine Arts Festival Events Microsite
- Client needed a new microsite to publicise their upcoming festival events.
- Included a new look and focus on the international artistes coming for the event.
- Online profile and linkage to event videos.
- Online RSVP system that allows for guests and students to place order for tickets.
- Included linkage to SISTIC ticketing link.
- Created more awareness and generated more buzz around the festival.
####Sindhi Association of Singapore Website – Customised CMS System
- Backend system to allow Sindhi Association to upload content to the website.
- Included online listing of all association members, along with contact details and professional profile.
- Event Calendar and RSVP system.
- Website became new focal point for the closely knit community in Singapore.
####Workers Connection Asia – Customised CMS System
- NGO with focus on migrant worker welfare in ASEAN.
- Needed a resource site to upload articles and papers presented at conferences.
- Created backend CMS system using our proprietary framework.
- Content management, event planning and mailing list management.
####Petrolwatch Pte Ltd – Website Revamp
- New social networking focused website with all the bells and whistles.
- Allow for multiple streams of user generated content:
- YouTube Videos
- Photo Uploads via MMS
- Traffic Alerts via SMS
- Created MMS Gateway that can retrieve photos from users from any Telco networks.
- Build site within 3 weeks and readied it for launch at Motor Show.
- New site signed up 300 new paying members during the course of the trade show and the follow-up events.
####LiveLifeSG – Corporate Events Management System
- Social network for corporate and non-profit social events in Singapore.
- Corporate event management with access to venue owners, event talents and planners and sponsors.
- Integrated messaging system and approval routing.
- Opened to great response during the beta testing stage.
##Custom Application Development
- Singapore-based Edutainment IPTV licensee.
- Research & development team on building video streaming platform using Windows Media and Silverlight.
- Build first proof-of-concept using C# on Silverlight.
- Research on using set-top boxes with Intel based system-on-chip technology.
- Developed first proof-of-concept for interactive online training via DimDim.
- Implemented base LMS system using Moodle.
- Tech lead for Future Schools pitch to Singapore MOE schools.
###Interactive E-Commerce Portals
- Sold vintage one-off spectacles online.
- Flash-based interactive shopping catalogue with label indicators on stock levels.
- Backend system that allowed for easy updating and uploading of photos.
- Tracking of customer orders. Catered for complex calculation of freight costs.
- Printing feature to allow printing of packing labels.
- Mailing list system to collect new leads.
####P2PPL Pte Ltd
- MMORPG network in Singapore.
- Sold game cards online which will recharge the game credits in the game.
- Build the back-end e-commerce portal along with payment gateway integration with PayPal and E-Nets.
- Dispensing of game card ID numbers and passwords through email system.
- Resulted in 5-fold increase in sales volume.
###Intelligent Kiosk Multimedia Solutions
- Created an innovative smart vending machine for OCBC.
- Touch screen interface with a magnetic card reader.
- Created backend system along with the interactive interface.
- Magnetic card will display which items the customer is entitled to.
- Automated dispensing of selected items just by touching the desired item.
- Build on open source technologies.
- Support for remote updating of the contents.
- Alert system which will SMS or Email the notification of low-supply levels to administrator.
- Bi-lingual menus along with music and voice-overs.
- Launched pilot system with great success. More units are in the pipeline.
####Disney Pixar’s "Wall-E" Interactive Touchscreen Campaign at Tangs Underpass
- Interactive video wall to showcase movie trailers.
- Included Flash games that are tied into the movie theme.
- Integrated with a high-resolution touch screen system to allow for user interaction directly with the glass panel and LCD TV.
- Delivered the entire system within 3 weeks.
- Increased awareness and recall factor for the movie.
###Customer Relation Management (CRM)
####Singapore Indian Fine Arts Society (SIFAS) - Student Management System
- Upgrade their Microsoft Access based system into a web-based system.
- Plan teacher and student time table.
- Mark attendance of students.
- Auto-generate bill for monthly school fees.
- Linked to payroll system for accounting teacher’s monthly salary.
- Also calculate and recorded graded exams results.
- Easy access from any location.
- Viewing of management reports online.
- Aided in the generation of annual student reports (attendance, exam results and teachers’ comments).
- Included a label printing system to help generate name tags for all students and staff.
- Resulted in a more reliable system that is more scalable and flexible in displaying management reports.
- Innovative use of AJAX and charting system in management reports.
- Allow for exporting of results to Excel and PDF format.
###Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions for procurement & resource planning
####Khien Lee Pte Ltd
- Online accounting system to generate Purchase Orders, Delivery Orders and Invoices.
- Accessible from any location.
- Quickly track all outstanding payments and aging report of all unpaid orders.
- Easily track total volume of products sold and the total volume per customers.
- Aided in supply planning and forecasting.
- Resulted in 300% improvement in efficiency over Excel, Word and paper based system.
####Pacific-World Insurance Brokers - General Insurance System (GIS)
- Conversion from their DOS-based system to a web-based system.
- Previous system can only be accessed from offices and requires them to maintain a modem bank for remote access by branches.
- Web-based system allows for a centrally controlled and easily accessible system for all staff.
- Reduced double entry and increased response time by client.
- Able to generate policy statements faster and can be printed on laser printers (instead of dot-matrix printers from the old DOS-based system).
- Backend exporting of database to accounting system.
- Resulted in 200% increase in efficiency.
####HSBC Insurance Brokers Pte Ltd – Liberty Insurance
- Allow client to easily track and generate policy documents for workmen compensation insurance.
- Control system to reject black-listed individuals - mandatory tracking to prevent them from applying for policies.
- Web based and can be accessed from outside the office.
- Linked and formatted for do-matrix printer output on pre-printed carbon paper forms.
- Increased efficiency 10-fold from the previous manual system using excel and typewriters.
####ACA Pacific Pte Ltd – Automated Quotation System
- Developed a web based system to help replace the paper based and
- Uploading of price-list on a departmental basis.
- Create quotation online with custom pricing supported.
- Generate PDF document based on online form.
- Directly email to customers from the system itself – along with attachment of PDF quotation.
- Resellers can also login to retrieve price list, conduct query and filtering of the price list to generate their own custom reseller price-list.
- Discount tiers are set by accounts manager and requires approval from GM.
- Approval routing and quotation approval are all linked to the in-house email messaging system on Microsoft Exchange.
- Invoicing System tied into the system as well.
- Backend export of data to in-house accounting system.
Our solutions provide you with metrics you need to gauge the progress of your e-marketing initiative.
###Electronic Direct Marketing (EDM)
####Capitaland – CapitaCard Ladies Card Email Marketing
- Leverage on existing customers database.
- Timely alerts on current offers at CapitaMalls.
- 40% response rate with drop-out rate of 5%.
####Concorde Hotel – Email Marketing
- Regular Email blast to their database as well as our 50,000 database.
- Qualified PMEB (Professionals, Managers, Executives and Business owners) listing.
- At least 33% click-through rate and only a drop-out rate of 1%.
- Reach out to customers and build new leads.
####Singapore Sports Council – E-Greeting Cards System
- Developed delivery system for Flash Greeting Card.
- Designate recipients from within the organization and for all partners.
- Importing of database via Excel Spreadsheet.
- Customization of messages and personalization of salutation for each recipient.
- Client was able to reach out to all stakeholders during festive seasons.
####Capitaland - CapitaCard Ladies Card
- SMS blast to CapitaCard Ladies Card holders with the special promotions for Christmas.
- Reports on total number of receipts, unsubscribes and failed delivery messages.
####Petrolwatch – SMS Blast
- Build adhoc SMS system for client to SMS blast to their database.
- Reports on total number of receipts, unsubscribes and failed delivery messages.
####SPC – SMS Lucky Draw
- Created back-end system for nationwide SMS campaign where customers send in SMS with their contact details and why they like SPC so much.
- Build clean-up sub-system to correct all the improperly formatted SMS messages.
- Received 100,000 SMSes throughout the campaign and generated new leads from which to build their future marketing campaigns.
- Generated weekly reports and helped to shortlist the best answers for SPC to select their weekly lucky winner for free petrol.
- Managed SMS gateways for which SMS acknowledgements were sent.
###Social Media Marketing
####Podfire Podcast Network – Podcasting Publishing System
- Developed a podcast publishing system across all the websites within the network. Build on open source technology – WordPress using the Podpress Plug-In.
- Created e-Commerce section of the website to market partner products.
- Created viral video marketing campaign on YouTube and Facebook.
- Published video podcast onto iTunes Music Store.
- One of the shows, “It’s a Dog’s Life”, was featured on iTunes Music Store’s website and got at least a 5000 viewers within 1 month of its launch.
####Philosophy in Programming Society
- Build website for community website. Also created the event
- Created Facebook page and helped to build the social media community.
- Created Wiki site for crowd-sourcing knowledge and self-help.
- Event managed all the meetups and the online invitations through Facebook and Meetup.com.
- Created Linked-In Community for job posting and building a professional community online.
- Developed online course materials website for courseware dissemination and student management.