I know this is not code that anyone uses, but I just wanted to make it clear that this is not something I’m working on or using anymore. Compass ( http://compass-style.org/ ) does everything I wanted to accomplish, and more, plus it uses SASS rather than LESS, which is a Good Idea.
Blueless CSS Framework Readme
I’ll do my best to keep Blueless up to date with what’s offered by Blueprint! Blueprint is a CSS framework designed to cut down on your CSS development time. It gives you a solid foundation to build your own CSS on. Here are some of the features Blueprint provides out-of-the-box:
- An easily customizable grid
- Sensible default typography
- A typographic baseline
- Perfected browser CSS reset
- A stylesheet for printing
- Powerful scripts for customization
- Absolutely no bloat!
Well, I didn’t entirely agree with the “no bloat” part, so I decided to refactor Blueprint into a modular foundation for building web sites with the LESS syntax. This lib is built for less.js, which is much faster than the Ruby LESS: http://github.com/cloudhead/less.js Here are some features that Blueless makes available:
- Blueprint’s typography and grid classes available as mixins
- Semantic class names (no span-12, etc. in HTML)
- Friendly mixin syntax for grids (.column(12), etc.)
These instructions are leftover from Blueprint. I’ll add more eventually…
Here’s how you set up Blueprint on your site.
- Upload the “blueprint” folder in this folder to your server, and place it in whatever folder you’d like. A good choice would be your CSS folder.
- Add the following three lines to every
<head/>of your site. Make sure the three
hrefpaths are correct (here, BP is in my CSS folder):
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/blueprint/screen.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection"> <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/blueprint/print.css" type="text/css" media="print"> <!--[if lt IE 8]> <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/blueprint/ie.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection"> <![endif]-->
Remember to include trailing slashes (" />") in these lines if you’re using XHTML.
- For development, add the .showgrid class to any container or column to see the underlying grid. Check out the
pluginsdirectory for more advanced functionality.
- For credits and origins, see AUTHORS.
- For license instructions, see LICENSE. – This is still the Blueprint license. Not sure what to do about that.
- For the latest updates, see CHANGELOG.