Releases · michael-fadely/sa2-battle-network
- Code changes required for networking are now only applied on connect, and reverted on disconnect.
- Local settings are now restored after disconnecting from a server with different settings.
- Disabled built in cheats (Yep! Leftover debug stuff) by default.
--keep-activeas this is now built into the mod loader using a more efficient method.
- Implemented configuration file support. Will detail this soon.
- Command-line parser now only accepts addresses in the format
- Servers can now be password protected by using the
--passwordparameter or with the
Passwordfield in the configuration file.
- Next stage synchronization implemented. Any time in a best 2 of 3 race where you ended up in the same level when it changed was just a coincidence until now. I'm baffled.
- Improved netstat by including estimated overhead.
- Implemented preventative measures for spawn time desynchronization on round start.
- Fixed a bug where music would fail to start, or start and then stop, at the beginning of a round (see #23)
- Fixed a bug which would cause upgrades to go missing on the receiving end. (fixes #25)
- Fixed an oversight which would send HP changes for non-mech characters
- Implemented character ID synchronization - Random Battle now works correctly. (fixes #13)
- Implemented synchronization for level groups which can affect certain aspects of the game.
- Improved analog accuracy a bit. (see #19)
- Fixed emerald spawn location desynchronization for good by simply setting and synchronizing a custom seed and disabling their stupid rand() in a for loop. (fixes issues #10 and #12)
- Implemented proper powerup synchronization (shields etc) (fixes #29)
- Implemented sanity check for splitscreen toggle (see #28)
- Re-worked the way damage is handled. (see #33 and 455e8ed)
Version 3.1.1 Hotfix
Changes from 3.0:
- Camera independent input.
- Input rewrite now in place using OnInput and OnControl events. No frame latency!
- Partial Emerald Hunting support (see #12 and #10).
- Shooting is now much more playable, but not perfect. See #11.
- Synchronized player damage, HP and ring counts via function call hooks; never desync again!
- Teleportation only allowed with new flag from host, --cheats.
- Network statistic logging now available with --netstat (logs to CSV in game directory).
- Stage load lag compensation. The player who loaded first will wait for the player who is behind.
- Stage change synchronization. Even if the menu desyncs, you'll still go to the same stage.
- Random seed synchronization (although it's 0xDEAD0CAB 99% of the time anyway).
- Console window now optional, but still recommended.
- Overall accuracy and stability improvements (as well as some newly introduced instabilities! Fun!).
- And of course, open source =P
I'm probably forgetting some things given that it's been over a year since the last release.