butler program for the Raspberry Pi system
Using the Rasberry Pi, you can have your own butler to speak to you anywhere there is a computer in the house. At the moment the butler program can do the following tasks:
1) State the current weather
2) State your current calendar (adenda) from google calendar for 2 days.
3) calculate and state your current internet usage and percentage.
Make sure you have the following packages in debian:
1) Weather (usage, gets current weather from a 2 hour basis)
2) An AT@T router (only for internet usage, you can disable this if you want to).
3) nginx (this is for the other computers in the house, I have the system setup for internal usage only).
Video of the program in action: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=187556018044478