=== WordPress Backup to Dropbox === Contributors: michael.dewildt Donate link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=38SEXDYP28CFA Tags: backup, dropbox Requires at least: 3.0 Tested up to: 4.1 Stable tag: trunk
Keep your valuable WordPress website, its media and database backed up to Dropbox in minutes with this sleek, easy to use plugin. Need help? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
== Description ==
WordPress Backup to Dropbox has been created to give you peace of mind that your blog is backed up on a regular basis.
Just choose a day, time and how often you wish yor backup to be performed and kick back and wait for your websites files and a SQL dump of its database to be dropped in your Dropbox!
You can set where you want your backup stored within Dropbox and on your server as well as choose what files or directories, if any, you wish to exclude from the backup.
The plugin uses OAuth so your Dropbox account details are not stored for the plugin to gain access.
Checkout the website - http://wpb2d.com
= Setup =
Once installed, the authorization process is easy -
When you first access the plugin’s options page, it will ask you to authorize the plugin with Dropbox.
A new window will open and Dropbox will ask you to authenticate and grant the plugin access.
Finally, click continue to setup your backup.
= Minimum Requirements =
Note: Version 1.3 of the plugin supports PHP < 5.2.16 and can be downloaded here.
= Errors and Warnings =
During the backup process the plugin may experience problems that will be raised as an error or a warning depending on its severity.
A warning will be raised if your PHP installation is running in safe mode, if you get this warning please read my blog post on dealing with this.
If the backup encounters a file that is larger then what can be safely handheld within the memory limit of your PHP installation, or the file fails to upload to Dropbox it will be skipped and a warning will be raised.
The plugin attempts to recover from an error that may occur during a backup where backup process goes away for an unknown reason. In this case the backup will be restarted from where it left off. Unfortunately, at this time, it cannot recover from other errors, however a message should be displayed informing you of the reason for failure.
= Premium Extensions =
Premium extensions are downloadable snippets of code that add extra functionality to WordPress Backup to Dropbox. The extensions are features have been requested but may not appeal to all users. Instead of complicating the plugin by adding them to the core, premium extensions allows you to choose what extra functionality you want.
= More Information =
For news and updates please visit my blog - http://www.mikeyd.com.au/category/wordpress-backup-to-dropbox/
= Available in these languages =
- Arabic (ar)
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR)
- Galician (gl_ES)
- Spanish (es_ES)
- Portuguese (pt_PT)
- Indonesian (id_ID)
- German (de_DE)
- Chinese (zh_CN)
- Taiwanese (zh_TN)
- French (fr_FR)
- Persian (fa_IR)
- Dutch (nl_NL)
- Hebrew (he_HE)
- Italian (it_IT)
- Hungarian (hu_HU)
- Russian (ru_RU)
- Sweedish (sv_SE)
- Finland (fi_FI)
- Danish (da_DK)
== Installation ==
- Upload the contents of
/wp-content/plugins/directory or use WordPress' built-in plugin install tool
- Once installed, you can access the plugins settings page under the new Backup menu
- The first time you access the settings you will be prompted to authorize it with Dropbox
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= I am getting this error:
Error message: Error Processing Request: error:0D0890A1:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_verify:unknown message digest algorithm =
This is due to the recent Heartbleed vulnerability and indicates that your server has an outdated version of OpenSSL that is no longer compatible with Dropbox and must be updated in order to continue using the plugin.
Please contact your host to get it updated.
= Why won’t my backup start? =
To diagnose issues with your plugin please refer to this sticky topic.
= How do I restore my website? =
Restoring can be a complicated process because every host is different. You can try and follow the steps in this blog post, if that does not work I would consult your web developer for help.
= Why does my keep going away and resuming? =
By default PHP has its time limit set to 30 seconds. The plugin will attempt to set the time limit to unlimited in order to complete the backup, however if safe mode is enabled this will not be possible.
In addition the Apache TimeOut directive has a default of 300 seconds (5 minutes) that cannot be altered without manual intervention. It is not recommended you change this value.
However, the plugin has been designed to get around these limitations by using a backup monitor that will detect if the backup has gone away and resume it from where it stopped.
In short, this is a feature! :-)
= Does the plugin backup the WordPress databse? =
It sure does. Your database tables will be dumped to a SQL file that can be used to import into a database when you need to restore or move your website.
= Where are my database backup files located? =
The database is backed up into a file named '[database name]-backup.sql' and can be found at the path 'wp-content/backups' within the App folder of your Dropbox.
= Wow! My second backup was heaps faster. Why is that? =
In order to save time and bandwidth the plugin only uploads files that have changed since the last backup. The only exception is your SQL dump file that will be uploaded every time.
= How can I revert to a previous version of a backed up file? =
Dropbox has this functionality built in and it is extremely easy to do, please checkout this blog post for more information.
You can also install the zip premium extension that will zip up all your files, including the SQL dumps, before uploading it to Dropbox allowing you to store multiple backups.
== Screenshots ==
- The Settings: Choose the date, time, frequency and what files or directories you wan't to exclude.
- The Log: Know what you backup is doing.
- Premium Extensions: Add extra functionality with ease and a 60 day money back guarantee.
== Changelog ==
= 4.1 =
- Make use of plugin_dir_url func instead of WP_PLUGIN_URL
- Fixed reflected XSS issue, thanks Kacper Szurek for identifying :)
- Tested to work with WordPres 4.1
= 4.0 =
- Versioning will now match that of WordPress
- Tested to work with WordPres 4.0
= 1.9 =
- Tested to work with WordPress 3.9.
- Fixed bug in SQL dump where NULL was outputting as '' and 0 as '0'; thanks for the heads up Tervor!
- Add Danish Translations; thanks Henrik!
- Add constant to configure the restart time; NO_ACTIVITY_WAIT_TIME defaults to 5 mins.
- Add Danish translation thanks Michael!
= 1.8.1 =
- Fix some spelling mistakes
- Fix bug where chunked upload temp memory cant be read that leads to a zero byte upload
= 1.8 =
- Compatible with WP 3.8
- Fixed menu ordering to better avoid clashes with other plugins
- Fixed PHP notice in Dropbox Facade
- Updated FAQ
- Namespace CSS so it's less likely to clash with other plugins
- Fix a potential issue where some tables and be missed in backup on resume
= 1.7 =
- Code is now conforms to most of the PSR standards that are much better then the WP ones
- Database dumps are now tracked so they can be resumed
- Improved error handling around extension installs
- Updated tests for better code coverage that revealed a few small bugs
- Implemented a factory for better dependency injection and performance
- Updated the Email Extension to use wp_mail so it will use setting set by other plugins like WP SMTP
- Added a time stamp to Zips generated with the Zip Extension
- Improved logging and estimation of percent complete
- Add 'Settings saved' message and use default WP errors
- Fix invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument error
= 1.6.1 =
- Added Extendy and improved extension installation user interface that fixes a few bugs and adds the ability to renew and buy bundles.
- Use ABSPATH for WP root if get_home_path returns '/' that can cause the plugin the attemt to backup root.
- Improved security of DB dumps, Zip archives and the backup log. A better sha1 secret is now appended to them all and removed before upload to Dropbox.
- Updated cURL CA Certs to the latest version from Mozilla
- Updated dutch translations
= 1.6 =
- Added Finnish translations
- WordPress 3.6 compatiblity release
- Fixed some issues where temporary files where not being cleaned up as expected
- Removed upgrade migration code for performance reasons. So, if you are upagading form <1.5 you will need to re-authorize and re-configure the plugin.
= 1.5.5 =
- Updated Arabic translations
- Fixed missing directory separator when creating silence file
- Updated the Dropbox API lib to exclude HTTP headers inserted by proxies
- Fixed another weird oAuth authorize issue
- Fixed 404 when clicking continue in network setup
= 1.5.4 =
- Fixed another weird state issue with the Dropbox oauth flow
- Fixed regression where the last backup time was not being recognised
- Fixed full paths being uploaded to Drobpox from Windows servers
- Fixed exclude file issues Windows servers
- Fixed error closing zip archive in premium extension
- Added better clean up of files on success or failure
= 1.5.3 =
- Fixed critical issue where SQL dumps where being missed in some circumstances
- Fixed plugin stylesheet showing up globally
- Fixed some chunked upload resume issues
- Fixed initialisation exceptions taking out WP admin
- Fixed another obscure oauth autorisation issue affecting some users
= 1.5.2 =
- Fixed WP object cache issue that was incorrectly telling the plugin that the new table stucture was up to do date thus causing authorisation issues and DB warnings for some people
- Fixed reauthorisation issue when unlinking a Dropbox account
- Increased perfomance of the plugin after running it through P3, now only the bear minimum is loaded in a non admin context
- Fixed an issue where zipped backups where loosing their directory structure
= 1.5.1 =
- Fixed DB errors displaying with for servers show errors on by default
- Fixed excluded widget not working after update due to lengthy DB key
- Fixed autorisation not working for some people after update
= 1.5 =
- Fix issue #127: in_array() warning on multisite setups
- Fix a few E_NOTICES, sorry guys I did not realise these supressed
- Add a sha1 secret to SQL dump files and Zip archives to make them imposible to guess and download
- Fix copy on subscriptions page
- Added style to some buttons
- Moved all plugin storage into it's own table structure to increse performance
- Added the ablilty for chunked uploads to resume
- Added a brand new logo!
- More info here: http://www.mikeyd.com.au/2013/05/15/wordpress-backup-to-dropbox-1-5
= 1.4.5 =
- Added support for multi site
- Added support for running WordPress in its own directory. http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory
- Added support for an alternate WP_CONTENT_DIR
- Fixed an issue where windows servers where uploading with incorrect slashes
- Fixed an issue where diretories where being marked as partial when they had no excluded files
- Fixed a memory leak in the exclude file widget
= 1.4.4 =
- Attempt to set the memory limit WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT and have a better go at setting the time limit
- Added .dropbox to the ignored files list as Dropbox does not accept it
- Added retry logic for normal uploads that receive errors
- Updated the Dropbox API lib that includes retries for chunked uploads
- Fixed a minor potential XSS issue when viewing the backup log, thanks Mahadev Subedi (@blinkms) for the heads up
= 1.4.3 =
- Fixed issue where autorise link was invalid
- Fixed session has time out issue
- Added error message for users who's server has not connection to the internet
- Added depricated page for people using PHP < 5.2.16
- Added priority support premium extension
= 1.4.2 =
- Fixed the uninstaller
- Fixed issue where files over 10mb where not being uploaded in their correct directories
- FIxed a fatal error on a corrupt processed files list
= 1.4.1 =
- Fixed exclude widget checkbox css position
- Fixed issue where all files where being uploaded in subsequent backups
- Fixed cannot access empty property fatal error
- Moved the safe mode warning out of the settings page to the backup log
- The backup log now logs to a file in 'wp-content/backups' that is uploaded to Dropbox at the end of a backup
- Allow for multiple emails in the email extension
- Allow for sub folders in the store in subfolder setting
= 1.4 =
- Implemented a brand new Dropbox API library that utilises chunked uploads for large files.
- Updated the Dutch translations.
- Added the umsak funciton to attempt to run the backup under elevated privileges.
- Set the memory limit to -1 (unlimited) for servers that allow it, the backup will still only use what it needs.
- Added 'unknown%' to the backup estimation instead of the initial estimate to avoid confusion.
- Added a safe mode warning to the settings page so that users can diagnose fix issues related to PHP memory and time limits
- Set the mysql wait time out at the start of a backup
- The file exclude widget has been updated to toggle excluded files better thanks to Joe Maller. In addition ticks have been replaced with crosses to better portray its an exclude function.
- Fixed some minor issues in the OAuth flow.
- Fixed an issue where options will not update due to validation of an option from an older version. This affected starting and stoping of backups, updating email adresses and other options in certain circumstances.
- Fixed up the backup time estimation so it cannot be set to zero or an impossibly low number.
- Fixed memory limit issues in the file list by adding a max directory depth of 10
- Prefixed save actions with wpb2d to avoid clashes with other plugins
- Fixed an issue where WP option cache was interferring with stopping backups
= 1.3 =
- Overhauled logging of a backup to get more visibility of what is happening during a backup.
- More info here => http://www.mikeyd.com.au/2012/10/04/wordpress-backup-to-dropbox-1-3/
= 1.2.2 =
- Removed zipping of the SQL dump due to random PHP memory leaks... intersingly the Zip extension does not share the same issue. Ah PHP you keep me on my toes!
= 1.2.1 =
- Fixed random unlinking issue... again
- Added zipping of the SQL dump file
= 1.2 =
- Reuduced directory nesting to one subfolder and fixed up error message
- Fixed issues where accounts where being incorrectly unlinked
- Added singletons for better performance
- Fixed issue #63 Out of memory in settings page - display error in exclude widget if memory is too low
- Fixed issue #64 UnexpectedValueException
- WordPress core and plugin database tables are now backed up separately
= 1.1 =
- Updated the Dropbox PHP API to fix various issues processing some files
- Un readable directories or files are now skipped instead of causing an exception
- Added Hungarian language
- The backup now attempts to set the memory limit to 256M before backup
- Removed the option to set the temp backup dir for simpicity
- Migrated to Dropbox App Folder mode for added security of your Dropbox account
- Fixed exclude widet issues on Windows Server
- See http://www.mikeyd.com.au/2012/06/20/wordpress-backup-to-dropbox-1-1 for details
= 1.0 =
- Removed backup has gone away warning that seems to be confusing users
- Made a whole bunch of perfomrance improvmentws
- Added premium extensions
- Tested with WordPress 3.4
- See http://www.mikeyd.com.au/2012/06/17/wordpress-backup-to-dropbox-1-0 for details
== Upgrade Notice ==
- After every update make sure that you check that your settings are still correct and run a test backup.