Note: Chrome Beta channel or later needs to be installed in order for the plugin to work.
- Clone the repository to your local machine.
- Bring up the extensions management page by clicking the Chrome menu icon and choosing Tools > Extensions.
- If Developer mode has a + by it, click the + to add developer information to the page. The + changes to a -, and more buttons and information appear.
- Click the Load unpacked extension button. A file dialog appears.
- In the file dialog, navigate to the extension's folder and click OK.
Alternatively, install it via the Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/femidpfpildjfepkcaodpalpakgadjih
The extension consists of four keyboard shortcuts:
- Alt-Shift-L: Move Tab Right
- Alt-Shift-H: Move Tab Left
- Alt-Shift-K: Move Tab to Start Position
- Alt-Shift-J: Move Tab to End Position
A separate extension, tabasco, adds the following shortcuts to Chrome
- Close Other Tabs
- Close Tabs to the Right
- Pin Tab
Chrome extensions currently only allow for a maximum of four shortcuts, which is why they are not included in tabloid.
You can fetch tabasco here: https://github.com/michaelfester/tabasco