Django Timezone Utils: Time Zone Utilities For Models
django-timezone-utils adds automatic time zone conversions and support utilities to Django.
Suggestions, constructive criticism, and feedback are certainly welcomed and appreciated.
Documentation for django-timezone-utils is available at Read the Docs.
On multiple occasions, I have had the need to store time zone information to the one model, then base another model's datetime on that time zone. If you have ever had to deal with this, you will know how complicated this can be.
I created these fields to ease the process of manipulating times based on
another field's or models timezone choice. Instead of having to remember to use
Model.clean, we can now create the models with the validation built
into the model field.
from datetime import datetime from timezone_utils.fields import LinkedTZDateTimeField, TimeZoneField from timezone_utils.choices import PRETTY_ALL_TIMEZONES_CHOICES class Location(models.Model): # ... timezone = TimeZoneField(choices=PRETTY_ALL_TIMEZONES_CHOICES) def get_location_timezone(obj): """Returns the Location.timezone field from above""" return obj.location.timezone class LocationReport(models.Model): # ... location = models.ForeignKey('app_label.Location', related_name='reports') # Populates from the Location.timezone timestamp = LinkedTZDateTimeField(populate_from=get_location_timezone) class LocationPeriod(models.Model): # ... location = models.ForeignKey('app_label.Location', related_name='periods') # Sets the time to 12:00am in the location.timezone start = LinkedTZDateTimeField( populate_from=get_location_timezone, time_override=datetime.min.time() ) # Sets the time to 11:59:59.99999pm in the location.timezone end = LinkedTZDateTimeField( populate_from=get_location_timezone, time_override=datetime.max.time() )
- 0.13 Fixed error for Python 3 on PyPi.
- 0.12 Add support for Django 2.1. Support Python 3.7. Drop support for Django 1.8.
- 0.11 Removed reference to django.db.models.fields.subclassing.SubfieldBase, which means that only Django 1.8+ is now supported. Removed support for Python versions < 2.6. The Django 1.6 series was the last to support Python 2.6. Added testing support for Django 1.10. Changed development status from Beta to Production/Stable.
- 0.10 Added testing support for Python 3.5 and Django 1.9.
- 0.9 Corrected a bug to where
time_overridecaused invalid date due to not converting to the correct timezone first. Refactored conversion code. Added testing support for Django 1.8. Removed Django from setup requirements - the onus of having a supported version of Django is on the developer.
- 0.8 Corrected a bug to where
time_overridecaused invalid date due to not converting to the correct timezone first. Added choices
GROUPED_COMMON_TIMEZONES_CHOICESto the documentation.
- 0.7 Corrected a bug where datetime.max.time() resulted in incorrect date/time. Changed tests to compare time_override models via string to prevent future regressions. Added choices
- 0.6 Added RTD documentation. LinkedTZDateTimeField now returns the datetime object in the overidden timezone and time.
- 0.5 Bug fix: time override on datetime.min.time() failed to set time properly
- 0.4 Removed support for Python 2.5
- 0.3 Code cleanup.
- 0.2 Multiple bug fixes based on testing.
- 0.1 Initial release.