Welle, a Clojure client for Riak
Welle is not the only Clojure client for Riak on the block: there is a client called Sumo by one of Basho's engineers. If you are evaluating Welle, please consider Sumo as well.
- Be well maintained.
- Be well documented.
- Be well tested.
- Target Clojure 1.3.0 and later from the ground up.
- Integrate with libraries like clojure.data.json and Joda Time.
- Support URI connections to be friendly to Heroku and other PaaS providers.
- Learn from other clients like the Java and Ruby ones.
- Protocol Buffers and HTTP connection
- Buckets: create, update, delete
- Objects: put, fetch, delete
- Secondary indexes (2i): indexing, index queries
- Content-type based serialization of values in common formats (bytes, JSON, Clojure data/reader, UTF-8 text, gzipped JSON)
Supported Clojure versions
Welle is built from the ground up for Clojure 1.3 and up. To store dates/instants with Clojure data serialization, Clojure 1.4.0
is the minimum required version because Clojure 1.3 reader cannot handle
java.util.Date instances. As such, Clojure 1.4 is
Documentation & Examples
Welle is a young project and until 1.0 is released and documentation guides are written, it may be challenging to use for anyone except the author. For code examples, see our test suite.
Once documentation site is up, we will update this document.
To subscribe for announcements of releases, important changes and so on, please follow @ClojureWerkz on Twitter.
Most Recent Release
<dependency> <groupId>com.novemberain</groupId> <artifactId>welle</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-alpha3</version> </dependency>
This is a Work In Progress
Welle is very much a work in progress and right now, please keep this in mind.
CI is hosted by travis-ci.org
Welle uses Leiningen 2. Make sure you have it installed and then run tests against all supported Clojure versions using
lein2 ci test
Then create a branch and make your changes on it. Once you are done with your changes and all tests pass, submit a pull request on Github.
Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Michael S. Klishin
Distributed under the Eclipse Public License, the same as Clojure.