This release of codedoc adds syntax highlighting, literal link, image
dimensions, and block quote in comments support as well as fixing a number of
bugs. Changes include:
- Added support for syntax highlighting of C and C++ code.
- Added support for literal links (functions, types, etc.) using the "@@"
- Added support for
::WIDTHxHEIGHTin image (ALT) text.
- Added support for markdown-style block quotes in comments.
- Fixed support for embedded images in EPUB output.
- Fixed some parsing issues for the public typedef - private struct design
pattern, resulting in undocumented typedefs.
- Fixed a few Cppcheck and LGTM-detected bugs.
- No longer output unnecessary whitespace in HTML/EPUB output, for a modest
savings in file size.
This release of codedoc adds C++ block comment support and fixes a number of
bugs. Changes include:
- Added support for C++ block comments.
- Fixed support for function types.
- Fixed support for private typedef struct/class/union constructions.
- Fixed support for markdown bullet lists.
- Fixed output of Unicode text.
- Now use the "title" class for the cover image in HTML and EPUB output.
- Now place the table of contents along the side for HTML output.
- No longer strip quoted text ('text') in comments unless the text ends with
This release of codedoc adds C++ namespace support. Changes include:
- Added support for C++ namespaces (Issue #7)
- Silenced some warnings from the LGTM security scanner.
This release of codedoc adds basic markdown support in comments and some other
minor improvements. Changes include:
- Added basic markdown support in comments (Issue #6)
- Added a
--languageoption to override the default documentation language
- EPUB and HTML output now set the "generator" META content.
- Did some minor code reorganization/cleanup.
This release of codedoc fixes some buffer overflow issues and improves HTML and markdown support. Changes include:
- The default HTML stylesheet no longer puts an outline box around monospaced
text (Issue #2)
- Fixed signed character issues with fuzzer-generated "code" (Issue #3,
- Fixed a buffer overflow issue with fuzzer-generated "code" (Issue #5)
- Now use the base name of the cover image filename in HTML output.
- Fixed some markdown parsing issues.
This release of codedoc improves markdown and HTML support. Changes include:
- Fixed compile problems with Mini-XML v3.0.
- Greatly improved scanning of HTML content when generating the table of
- Updated the markdown support with external links, additional inline markup,
and hard line breaks.
- Copyright, trademark, and registered trademark symbols are now correctly
mapped from their ASCII and UTF-8 representations to the output format's
preferred encoding (Issue #1)
- Added documentation on EPUB and HTML stylesheets.
This is the first release of codedoc, a replacement for the mxmldoc utility that was provided with Mini-XML with several enhancements and bug fixes. Changes include:
- Fixed potential crash bugs in mxmldoc found by fuzzing.
--footeroptions now support markdown.
mxmldocprogram now sets the EPUB subject ("Programming").
- Improved EPUB error reporting and output.
- Man page output now uses the ISO date format (yyyy-mm-dd)
- Dropped support for
--framed basenamesince frame sets are deprecated in
(Source archive updated Jan 17, 2019 to include codedoc-3.0/ subdirectory prefix, sorry folks!)