HTMLDOC 1.9.11 fixes some bugs and adds high-resolution desktop icons for Linux.
- Added high-resolution desktop icons for Linux.
- Updated the internal HTTP library to fix truncation of redirection URLs
- Fixed a regression in the handling of character entities for UTF-8 input
--numberedoption did not work when the table-of-contents was disabled
HTMLDOC 1.9.10 fixes packaging and crash bugs. Changes include:
- Updated local zlib to v1.2.11.
- Updated local libpng to v1.6.37.
- Fixed packaging issues on macOS and Windows (Issue #377, Issue #386)
- Now ignore sRGB profile errors in PNG files (Issue #390)
- The GUI would crash when saving (Issue #391)
- Page comments are now allowed in
pretext (Issue #394)
HTMLDOC 1.9.9 fixes some URL and formatting bugs, as well as fixing the macOS
and Windows packages. Changes include:
- Fixed a redirection issue - some sites (incorrectly) provide an incomplete
Location: URL in the HTTP response.
- Fixed https: support on newer versions of Windows (Issue #378)
- Fixed a problem with remote URLs containing spaces (Issue #379)
- Fixed a UTF-8 processing bug for Markdown files (Issue #383)
- Added support for
<FONT FACE="monospace">(Issue #385)
HTMLDOC 1.9.8 adds a CGI file naming feature, adds support for letterhead
images, and fixes some formatting bugs. Changes include:
- Added support for a
HTMLDOC.filenameMETA keyword that controls the filename
reported in CGI mode; the default remains "htmldoc.pdf" (Issue #367)
- Fixed a paragraph formatting issue with large inline images (Issue #369)
- Fixed a buffer underflow issue (Issue #370)
- Fixed PDF page numbers (Issue #371)
- Added support for a new
Lheader/footer format (
inserts a letterhead image at its full size (Issue #372, Issue #373,
- Updated the build documentation (Issue #374)
HTMLDOC 1.9.7 is primarily a bug fix release with added support for PDF links with targets. Changes include:
- Refactored the PRE rendering code to work around compiler optimization bugs (Issue #349)
- Added support for PDF links with targets (Issue #351)
- Fixed a table rowspan + valign bug (Issue #360)
HTMLDOC 1.9.6 adds support for wrapping with
­, improves markdown support,
fixes some issues, and optimizes font and PDF handling. Changes include:
- Added support for data URIs (Issue #340)
- HTMLDOC no longer includes a PDF table of contents when converting a single
web page (Issue #344)
- Updated the markdown support with external links, additional inline markup,
and hard line breaks.
- Links in markdown text no longer render with a leading space as part of the
link (Issue #346)
- Fixed a buffer underflow bug discovered by AddressSanitizer.
- Fixed a bug in UTF-8 support (Issue #348)
- PDF output now includes the base language of the input document(s)
- Optimized the loading of font widths (Issue #354)
- Optimized PDF page resources (Issue #356)
- Optimized the base memory used for font widths (Issue #357)
- Added proper
­support (Issue #361)
- Title files can now be markdown.
HTMLDOC 1.9.5 fixes some GUI, markdown, and EPUB issues. Changes include:
- The GUI did not support EPUB output.
- Empty markdown table cells were not rendered in PDF or PostScript output.
- The automatically-generated title page now supports both "docnumber" and
- Added support for dc:subject and dc:language metadata in EPUB output from the
HTML keywords and lang values.
- Added support for the subject and language metadata in markdown input.
- Fixed a buffer underflow bug (Issue #338)
htmldoc --helpnow reports whether HTTPS URLs are supported (Issue #339)
- Fixed an issue with HTML title pages and EPUB output.
HTMLDOC 1.9.4 fixes a font sizing bug and reduces startup time.
- Inline fixed-width text is no longer reduced in size automatically
- Optimized initialization of font width data (Issue #334)
(Source archives updated Jan 17, 2019 to include htmldoc-1.9.4/ subdirectory prefix, sorry folks!)
HTMLDOC 1.9.3 fixes some formatting, markdown, and build issues on specific platforms. Changes include:
- Fixed formatting bugs with aligned images (Issue #322, Issue #324)
- Fixed support for three digit "#RGB" color values (Issue #323)
- Fixed character set support for markdown metadata.
- Updated libpng to v1.6.34 (Issue #326)
- The makefiles did not use the CPPFLAGS value (Issue #328)
HTMLDOC 1.9.2 fixes parsing of HTML 4.0 tables and adds support for markdown
tables. Changes include:
- Added Markdown table support.
- Fixed parsing of TBODY, TFOOT, and THEAD elements in HTML files.