Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
HTMLDOC 1.9.3 fixes some formatting, markdown, and build issues on specific platforms. Changes include:
- Fixed formatting bugs with aligned images (Issue #322, Issue #324)
- Fixed support for three digit "#RGB" color values (Issue #323)
- Fixed character set support for markdown metadata.
- Updated libpng to v1.6.34 (Issue #326)
- The makefiles did not use the CPPFLAGS value (Issue #328)
HTMLDOC 1.9.2 fixes parsing of HTML 4.0 tables and adds support for markdown
tables. Changes include:
- Added Markdown table support.
- Fixed parsing of TBODY, TFOOT, and THEAD elements in HTML files.
HTMLDOC 1.9.1 is primarily a bug fix release that also adds limited support for
UTF-8. Changes include:
- Fixed monospace font size issue (Issue #309)
- Added support for reproducible builds (Issue #310)
- Added limited support for the HTML 4.0 SPAN element (Issue #311)
- Added (extremely limited) UTF-8 support for input files (Issue #314)
- Fixed buffer underflow for (invalid) short HTML comments (Issue #316)
- Now indent PRE text, by popular request.
- EPUB output now makes sure that
<element property>is written as
- Now support both NAME and ID for table-of-contents targets.
HTMLDOC 1.9 is a limited feature release that adds support for Markdown input and EPUB output. Changes include:
- Added support for repeating a single header row for tables that span multiple pages (Issue #16)
- Added support for embedding the current filename/URL in the header or footer (Issue #50)
- Added EPUB support (Issue #301)
- Added Markdown support (Issue #302)
- Fixed a regression in header/footer image scaling (Issue #303)
- Documentation updates (Issue #305)
- Compiler fixes (Issue #304, Issue #306)
- Fixed a bug when running HTMLDOC as a macOS application.
- Updated the bundled libpng to v1.6.29.
HTMLDOC 1.8.30 fixes some known build and formatting issues. Changes include:
- Updated documentation to reflect new project page on Github.
- Dropped old CDE and IRIX desktop integration files.
- Cleaned up the GUI and adopted new default text editors for Linux and macOS.
- PAGE BREAK comments at the end of a file in web page mode would lose the first page (Issue #251)
- Fixed the scaling of header/footer images to limit them to the height of the header or footer (Issue #273)
- Fixed an issue with the top-level makefile not exiting with an error as needed (Issue #282)
- Fixed a URL referencing bug when the same hostname but a different port was used (Issue #290)
- Fixed build issue on macOS (Issue #291)
- Fixed handling of indexed+alpha PNG images (Issue #295)
HTMLDOC 1.8.29 fixes some known build and formatting issues, updates support libraries, and drops support for OpenSSL. Changes include:
- Updated local PNG library to version 1.6.20.
- Updated local JPEG library to version 9b.
- Dropped support for OpenSSL.
- Added configure script support for libjpeg-turbo.
- Updated HTTP code to latest CUPS/ippsample sources.
- Duplex PDF output incorrectly forced an even number of pages (Bug #525)
- The table of contents showed the wrong page numbers after headings containing the _HD_OMIT_TOC attribute.
- Fixed reported build issues (Bug #500, Bug #507, Bug #510, Bug #533)
- The configure script's --enable-local* options did not work.
HTMLDOC 1.8.28 fixes some known security issues and formatting bugs. Changes include:
- Updated local zlib to version 1.2.8.
- Updated local PNG library to version 1.6.8.
- Updated local JPEG library to version 9.
- Updated default PDF version to 1.4.
- SECURITY: Fixed three buffer overflow issues when reading AFM files and parsing page sizes.
- Fixed incompatibility with Fortify's version of strcpy, which does not work properly with variable-length arrays (STR #235)
- Fixed compilation against PNG library 1.5 or later (STR #243)
- Fixed documentation errors (PR #6593, PR #6595)
- Marked Zapf-Dingbats as a standard font (STR #198)
- Fixed GPL license text in GUI (STR #222)
- Fixed a table formatting problem when a column has multiple colspan values (PR #6709)
- Fixed parsing of HTML comments (STR #181)
- Fixed potential out-of-bounds read in table-of-contents rendering code (STR #183)
- Fixed handling of image URLs with ampersands in them (STR #186)
- Fixed top/bottom margins for logo and header/footer images (STR #174)
- Fixed image alignment bug (Bug #231)
- Fixed X11 build problem (Bug #243)