Installing this Wordpress / Sanitary Panels Site Locally
- Set up a MySQL database called
wp_os_spand grant all privileges to user
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:michaelsnook/sanitary-panels.git.
- Run your MySQL server and point Apache at the
/sanitary-panelsfolder you just cloned.
- Install Wordpress, create users, add sample posts.
- Set default post type to
imageand default category to
- Create a menu with items for "About", "Archive" and "Store", and give them the title attributes
sprite-store. Check the box for "Primary Navigation" to activates some hacky styling found in
_sprites.css. (See screencap in
- Gulp works just fine if you make sure you're on npm v4.2 or more. In the theme folder (
npm install && bower installthe first time, and then you can
gulp --watchto compile assets and view the site locally.
Deploying with OpenShift (RedHat Cloud)
This repo started using the template "RedHat OpenShift WordPress Developer QuickStart Guide".
You can see the original how-to in
docs/OPENSHIFT.md. To deploy this repo as
an OpenShift site, create an account, create an app,
git commit, make sure your
RedHat Cloud repository has a git remote, and
git push RHC_REMOTE_NAME.
Beware the ephemeral filesystem -- it's not as bad as Heroku, but it will wipe out your media/uploads folder, so be sure you connect to s3.