DigitalOcean, LAMP, Ubuntu 16.04, WordPress, Bedrock, Sage, Bootstrap 3, SCSS
apt update before installing dependencies.
- PHP 7
- NPM 8+
- Clone this repository
- See BEDROCK.md to learn more about it
- Build dependencies with
- In the theme folder run
npm install && npm run build
cp .env.example .env; add database credentials and salts
- Point your server at the /web directory
- Install WordPress by visiting the link
Inside the WP Admin
- Create a category called "comics", and set at least one post to have that category.
- Set default post type to
imageand default category to
- Set the Permalink type to
- If the .htaccess file is not writeable, you will need to paste in some content at the bottom of this screen.
- Create a menu with items for "About", "Archive" and "Store", and give them the title attributes
sprite-store. Check the box for "Primary Navigation" to activate some hacky styling found in _sprites.css. (See screencap in docs/.)
- Date format is the default
jS F Y
- Enable the plugins!
- To make the Autoptimize plugin work, you need to create a directory
chown www-data:www-data web/app/cache/autoptimizeso the Autoptimize plugin can write minified CSS and JS to the cache folder.
- Under "Media" in the WP admin, set "Large size images" to have a max width of
780, and max height of