The Blue Dawn Wordpress Site
A wordpress site and theme built on Roots.io's Bedrock and Sage.
- PHP >= 7.1
- Composer - Install
- MySQL or MariaDB
(Most of the instructions below are left over from Bedrock's readme.)
- Clone this repository
.envand update environment variables:
- Database variables
DB_NAME- Database name
DB_USER- Database user
DB_PASSWORD- Database password
DB_HOST- Database host
- Optionally, you can define
DATABASE_URLfor using a DSN instead of using the variables above (e.g.
WP_ENV- Set to environment (
WP_HOME- Full URL to WordPress home (https://example.com)
WP_SITEURL- Full URL to WordPress including subdirectory (https://example.com/wp)
- Add theme(s) in
web/app/themes/as you would for a normal WordPress site
- Set the document root on your webserver to Bedrock's
- For local development, you can cd into the
webfolder and use the built-in PHP development server:
php -S localhost:8000
- And then if you're working on front-end things you may want to cd into the theme directory (
app/themes/thebluedawn) and run the Yarn development server with
- Access WordPress admin at
- Create 4 pages, for Seek Counseling, Counselors Network, Sponsor Sessions, Volunteer. Embed Google Forms on those pages.
- Go to
Appearance > Menusand create the primary menu. Populate it with: Blog, Seek Counseling, Counselors Network, Sponsor Sessions, Volunteer.
- Create another menu, the Social Media Menu, with links to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, other properties.
- Create a footer in
Appearance > Widgets, like this: