Augmented Reality barcode & QR code detector for >= Android 4.0
What is this repository for?
- Barcodes and QR codes are detected in the real time camera picture. Depending on a self defined barcode database - barcodes are connected to commands which are responsible for e.g. showing an image via augmented reality (on top of the camera image) or to play a sound. Features include the automatically taking of a photo when a barcode is recognized.
- Version 1.1
How do I get set up?
- IDE: Android Studio (tested with 2.1.2)
- Android SDK
- Dependencies: ZXing (Zebra Crossing) library for barcode detection (automatically included by Gradle)
- Database configuration: Database is located in .tools.BarcodeDatabase.java
- Database usage: the database exists out of a key (barcode value) and a connected command. The command is handled in .views.OverlayView.java
- Images location: res/drawable | Sounds location: res/raw
- Automatically taking photos: adjustable via settings menu in the GUI
- Make sure the app has the required permission on start, as there is no runtime-check yet! (Camera, external storage)
Test images which are in the hardcoded database
Barcode - connected with the command "right" - shows an image with an arrow to the right
QR code - connected with the command "left" - shows an image with an arrow to the left
Who do I talk to?
- Repo owner and developer: email@example.com
- The barcode/qr-code detection is based on Desmond Shaw's Android Barcode Reader https://github.com/DynamsoftRD/Android-Barcode-Reader