Augmented Reality simple shape detector using OpenCV for >= Android 4.0
What is this repository for?
- Uses the camera image to recognize triangles, rectangles and circles. It can also be configured to only detect a certain color (red). If a specific shape is detected the information can be shown on top of each shape as a label describing it (multiple shapes at the same time) or as an image respresenting the shape on top of the camera (only one shape is detected). Additionally also a sound depending on the detected shape can be played.
- Version 1.0
How do I get set up?
- IDE: Android Studio (tested with 2.1.2)
- Android SDK
- Dependencies: OpenCV 3.0.0 library (included)
- Images location: res/drawable | Sounds location: res/raw
- Mode (label/image): Flag in MainActivity (default labels)
- Mode (all colors / red only): Flag in MainActivity (default all colors)
- Make sure the app has the required permission on start, as there is no runtime-check yet! (Camera)
Who do I talk to?
- Repo owner and developer: email@example.com
- The shape detection is based on Nash's shape detection https://github.com/bsdnoobz/opencv-code/blob/master/shape-detect.cpp His version is based on OpenCV 2 for the PC and usable for normal images.
- The red color detection is based on Sol's OpenCV red circle detection. See https://github.com/sol-prog/OpenCV-red-circle-detection and https://solarianprogrammer.com/2015/05/08/detect-red-circles-image-using-opencv/