Active public installation at http://blockly.parallax.com/blockly/
BlocklyProp is based on Blockly, the web-based, graphical programming editor. Provide language blocks and code generators for Parallax Propeller programming. (It actually started with the BlocklyDuino as a base because it already generates code for a microcontroller and was easier to adapt.)
BlocklyProp generates Spin and C code, and can compile and load into the Propeller with a single click on the web-page.
Whereas Blockly is only client side, BlocklyProp is hosted on a server and there were 3 previous versions, each implementing different sets of features and targeting different groups:
- Java version that is started as a Java application, internally creates a http-server and opens the browser. The server is used to compile programs and load them into Propeller
- A second version is a demo version without the server functionality. It's just to have a go at using the blockly editor with the Propeller specific blocks.
- The main version at last uses php with a mysql database to save and load projects and has community features. As the server is in this case not the users own computer a native (Python) client is used to compile and load programs.
This current version is a rewrite of the latest php version. It's now written in Java and runs on a Tomcat server. To make the BlocklyPropClient lighter and to support Chromebooks and tablets compilation is now done on the server.
Requirements and setup
BlocklyProp is written to run on a modern linux system. It requires:
- Tomcat 7 or higher
- Java 1.7 or higher
- Mysql 5.6 or higher
- A Cloud-session installation
- A Cloud-compiler installation
- Blockly http://code.google.com/p/blockly/
- BlocklyDuino https://github.com/gasolin/BlocklyDuino
- Parallax Propeller http://www.parallax.com/microcontrollers/propeller
- OpenSpin cross platform Spin/PASM Compiler https://code.google.com/p/open-source-spin-compiler/
- Compiler https://sites.google.com/site/propellergcc/
The project is inspired by and based on BlocklyDuino https://github.com/gasolin/BlocklyDuino Fred Lin is the creator of BlocklyDuino.
Which in turn is created using Blockly https://developers.google.com/blockly/
To compile your code I use Openspin for spin https://code.google.com/p/open-source-spin-compiler/ and the Propeller-gcc toolchain for C code: https://sites.google.com/site/propellergcc/
Thanks to you all.
Copyright (C) 2014 - 2016 Parallax
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
- Michel Lampo: Project initiator and lead
- Vale Tolpegin: Help files and blocks
- Activity Board (WX)
- Hackable electronic badge
Available all purpose pins differ from board to board. It's also possible to select a generic board which gives access to all 32 pins.
- Alarm System for your room ( ping and wavplayer )
- Zombie detector with PIR
- RF message decoder XBee
- Joystick controlled servo
- Ping distance note player
- Mood display
- LED candle
- ColorPal LED display
- Musical Instrument control of something
- RF tilt video game controller ( mx2125 )
- Light sensor