The Semanticscience Integrated Ontology (SIO) provides a simple, integrated ontology of types and relations for rich description of objects, processes and their attributes. Have a look at a brief overview of SIO, its design principles and design patterns, and the published paper on SIO.
The OWL2 ontology is available at http://semanticscience.org/ontology/sio.owl Subsets of SIO have been prepared for modular import.
view the ontology at
Resources that use this ontology include:
- Bio2RDF Linked Data for the Life Sciences
- SADI Semantic Web Services.
- DisGeNET's gene-disease associations
- The NCBI's PubChem RDF for measurement values
- The EBI's Gene Expression Atlas .