The Semanticscience Integrated Ontology (SIO) provides a simple, integrated ontology of types and relations for rich description of objects, processes and their attributes. The SIO paper is available.
The OWL2 ontology is available at http://semanticscience.org/ontology/sio.owl
This project provides ontological support for
- Bio2RDF Linked Data for the Life Sciences
- SADI Semantic Web Services.
- DisGeNET's gene-disease associations
- The NCBI's PubChem RDF for measurement values
- The EBI's Gene Expression Atlas .
Design patterns help in defining a structure for common data types. These are currently at the old google code site
Subsets/Slims. Subsets of SIO have been prepared for modular import.