Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- NSCP-0.5.1.44-el6-x86_64.zip 8.41 MB
- NSCP-0.5.1.44-el7-x86_64.zip 11 MB
- NSCP-0.5.1.44-Win32-docs.zip 5.75 MB
- NSCP-0.5.1.44-Win32-symbols.zip 19.2 MB
- NSCP-0.5.1.44-Win32.msi 22.6 MB
- nscp-0.5.1.44-Win32.zip 22 MB
- NSCP-0.5.1.44-x64-docs.zip 5.75 MB
- NSCP-0.5.1.44-x64-symbols.zip 19.1 MB
- NSCP-0.5.1.44-x64.msi 28 MB
- nscp-0.5.1.44-x64.zip 25.3 MB
- Seconday_NSCP-0.5.1.44-Win32.msi 22.8 MB
- Seconday_NSCP-0.5.1.44-x64.msi 28.1 MB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
Major changes sine 0.5.0
The main goals of the 0.5.1 was to add event subsystem and make fix bugs/issues. In addition to this the installer has been rewritten as well as the documentation.
- Event subsystem
- New documentation
- New installer
- Numerous bugfixes and minor enhancements
This is perhaps more interesting for developers of scripts for NSClient++ but it is a way to send notifications
without having to adhere to the Nagios check result format. It was designed to make event-log to syslog forwarding simpler
as well as detecting installed software and similar non check things.
As of yet this can only be used inside internal scripts but the idea is to use these building-blocks to add many new features
such as automatic monitoring configuration in the future.
The old restructured documentation has been replaced with a new one based on mark down.
This is actually more important then it seems as markdown renders on github this means you can now easily edit the documentation
directly in your browser if you see any issues. The documentation was also brought back into the regular git repository as well
making this even simpler.
While the installer is not all that new enough of the logic has been rewritten and tested to make sure silent installers are very very
easy to make. Overriding configuration keys on command line is now much more predictable and works without strange voodoo.
As always there are numerous bug fixes and enhancements and a full list of changes can be found in the documentation