Copyright 2012 Michael Farrell http://micolous.id.au/
This is a work in progress and incomplete.
- Python 2.7 (2.6 may work if you have my patches for Tinkerer).
- pandoc (used to convert HTML to Restructured Text)
- MySQL database with your Wordpress data
- Wordpress to be installed.
$ python -m wordtinkerer.main -o blog -p
This will attempt to convert the wordpress blog in the MySQL database
wordpress using the username
localhost, prompting for a
password and outputting to the blog at
Additional command line arguments
--help will let you change the behaviours.
outstanding issues to address
- Page hierarchy, author or creation date isn't properly preserved.
- Post categories and tags are not preserved.
- Importing from Wordpress backup XML (do we want to support this?)
wordtinkerer is licensed under the same terms as Tinkerer itself (FreeBSD).
See the accompanying file
COPYING for details.