New Forest Remembers Translation and Transcription app for PyBossa
This application has four files:
- createTasks.py: for creating the application in PyBossa, and fill it with some tasks.
- config.py.template: for configuring the Flickr API KEY (required!)
- template.html: the view for every task and deal with the data of the answers.
- tutorial.html: a simple tutorial for the volunteers.
Testing the application
You need to install the pybossa-client first (use a virtualenv):
$ pip install -r requirements.txt
Then, you can follow the next steps:
- Create an account in PyBossa
- Copy under your account profile your API-KEY
- Run python createTasks.py -u http://crowdcrafting.org -k API-KEY
- Open with your browser the Applications section and choose the FlickrPerson app. This will open the presenter for this demo application.
After making changes to your source code and committing to github do the following:
- Clone or pull changes from repo to your server and then issue this command:
$ python createTasks.py -k APIKEY -s SERVERURL -t
- Template should update
Please, see the COPYING file.
The thumbnail is from the Portable Antiquities Scheme and shows the Near Lewes hoard. Image licensed as CC BY-SA.