This simple Java ME application demonstrates the usage of the FrameAnimator class together with the Gesture API introduced in the Series 40 6th Edition, Feature Pack 1. The example has a list that can be scrolled up and down by swiping or dragging up or down.
This example demonstrates:
- Implementing a custom canvas list
- Using the of FrameAnimator API
- Using the Gesture API
The application is hosted in GitHub: https://github.com/nokia-developer/frameanimator-demo
For more information on the implementation, visit Java Developer's Library: http://developer.nokia.com/Resources/Library/Java/#!code-examples/touch-ui-frameanimatordemo.html
1. Project structure and implementation
As a prerequisite, basic Java ME knowledge is required.
1.1 Important files and classes
1.2 Used J2ME classes
FrameAnimator, FrameAnimatorListener, GestureEvent.
Series 40 6th Edition FP1 device or newer
- Nokia Asha 305 (Java Runtime 2.0.0 for Series 40)
- Nokia Asha 311 (Java Runtime 2.0.0 for Series 40)
- Nokia X3-02 (Series 40 6th Edition FP1)
- NetBeans 6.9.1
- Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java
- KNOWN ISSUES
No known issues.
3. Building, installing, and running the application
The project is created with NetBeans IDE and S40 6th Edition, FP1 SDK. You can easily open the project by doing a mercurial clone of the project and opening it in Netbeans IDE by selecting File -> Open project.
3.1 Running the application
The application has a view with a list that can be scrolled up or down by dragging or swiping on the screen. The application can be closed by pressing the call termination key.
4.1 Version history
- 1.1 Code cleanup and new icon, tested with Series 40 full touch devices.
- 1.0 First release