Clone this wiki locally
A simple Android client was first developed and then ported to Nokia Asha platform and Series 40. The user flow of the application was kept as similar as possible to illustrate the differences. A number of helper classes were included in order to match the functionality of its Android counterpart.
The clients mostly differ in how the UI is handled: many components that are used to show content from Reddit are manually laid out using self-made
CustomItems in LCDUI-based
This application demonstrates:
- Handling network connections
- Retrieving and storing data using a JSON REST API
- Laying out custom view items
Read more about the RLinks application in the wiki:
This online library provides more information on porting from Android to Series 40: information on portability of different application types, code and UI comparison, porting cases.
- Nokia Asha software platform 1.0 and Series 40 touch phones with CLDC 1.1, MIDP 2.0.
- Tested on Nokia Asha 501, Nokia Asha 311, Nokia Asha 303 and Nokia X3-02.
- Developed with Nokia Asha SDK 1.0.