⚠ Notice: 0.15 had a bug that we hot-fixed. Please use 0.15.1. We have removed the binaries from this release due to the bug.
Our mantra for the 0.15 was infrastructure, quality, stability and work toward getting a way to auto-update PowerToys. While it took a bit longer to get here, we feel it was worth the extra time to fix bugs that really impacted your experience with PowerToys.
For the entire commit history, please look at the 0.15 release. Below are just a few of the bullet items from this release.
Note for upgrading: You need to reapply your zone layout for FancyZones. Don't worry, your custom zone sets are preserved.
- Make you aware there is a new version from within PowerToys
- Removed requirement to always 'run as admin'
- Added almost 300 unit tests to increase stability and prevent regressions.
- Resolved almost 100 issues
- Made .NET Framework parts of the source run faster with NGEN
- Improved for how we store data locally
- Increased FancyZones compatibility with applications
- Created the v1.0 strategy, the launcher, the keyboard manager specs
- Work on cleaning up our issue backlog and labels
Great work by everyone!