Our goals for v0.37 release cycle Video Conference Mute work so we can bring it into the stable branch, general bug fixes, moving Keyboard manager out, and removing the legacy settings app.
- PowerToys now requires Windows 10, version 1903 or higher
- FancyZones editor default launching key is Win+Shift+`
- Windows Terminal's new Quake mode will use Win+`. We feel this is a far better use of the keystroke.
- Current PowerToys users can update this in our settings in the FancyZone section.
- Removed our v1 HTML based settings system
New Spec - Feedback please!
- What is new in PowerToys (SCOOBE) - Pull Request
- Editor UX bug fixes. Thanks @niels9001
- Monitor resolution is added to the top to directly infer the boxes on top are your monitors
- Fix for editor crash when editing a custom layout
- Option added for capitalization.
- Improved loading responsiveness with large sums of files.
- Changed XAML to improve rendering. Thanks @niels9001
- Disabled plugins are no longer loaded
- VS Code plugin workspaces showing up now. Thanks @ricardosantos9521
- Now an independent exe. This now runs high priority in its own process. When your CPU is under load, this should allow the process to continue to be prioritized
- uses a centralized keyhook. This should improve activation
- Esc for closing will no longer bubble through. Thanks @DoctorNefario
Settings / Welcome to PowerToys
- Shortcuts will stand out more
- Few accessability bugs fixed. Thanks @niels9001
- Excluded apps for Shortcut Guide. Thanks @davidegiacometti
- new arg for starting PT after silent install
Developer quality of life
- Ability to directly debug against Settings
We'd like to directly mention (in alphabetical order) for their continued community support this month and helping directly make PowerToys a better piece of software.