Azure-OCI Cloud Inter-Connect
Microsoft and Oracle’s cloud interoperability enables you to migrate and run mission-critical enterprise workloads across Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Run your Oracle database and enterprise applications—including JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Oracle Retail, and WebLogic Server—on Oracle Linux, Windows Server, and other supported operating systems in Azure.
This repository contains terraform modules to deploy Azure-OCI Inter-connect as well as the infrastructure for Oracle applications.
The repository contains modules for deploying the inter-connect between Microsoft Azure & OCI. The deployment is broken into two steps:
- InterConnect-1: This is the first step to establishing inter-connectivity.
- InterConnect-2: Once the connection between Oracle and Azure is setup, use this module to setup the connection to your Azure VNET and OCI VCN.
NOTE: Currently, the inter-connect is available available in the Azure's East US region and OCI's Ashburn region. Additional regions will be added in the future.
In the near future, this repository will contain modules for deploying the infrastructure (reference architecture) for the following Oracle applications:
NOTE: This terraform scripts for Oracle applications provision only the infrastructure required to host the application. The scripts DO NOT install the application itself.
- InterConnect-1 => Contains the first set of terraform scripts to provision the Azure-OCI Cross-Cloud Interconnect
- InterConnect-2 => Contains modules for the second step to provisioning the inter-connect.
- JDEdwards => Scripts to provision the infrastructure for Oracle JDEdwards application
- EBusinessSuite => Scripts to provision the infrastructure for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Retail => Scripts to provision the infrastructure for Oracle Retail Merchandising Suite
- PeopleSoft => Scripts to provision the infrastructure for Oracle Peoplesoft application
To deploy Oracle Applications on the Cross-Cloud inter-connect, you will first need the inter-connect provisioned. Follow the steps listed in the README for InterConnect-1 followed by InterConnect-2 to deploy the inter-connect. Once the inter-connect has been deployed, you can deploy an application on that inter-connect using the application specific terraform modules here. Follow the instructions and guidance detailed in the README file for each application.
Note: For Oracle applications, only infrastructure deployment can be automated using these terraform scripts. To install the specific application on the deployed infrastructure, please refer to the installation guide for that application.
- Oracle Workloads on Azure
- Microsoft and Oracle's Partnership Announcement
- Overview of Azure-OCI Inter-connect
This project welcomes contributions and suggestions. Most contributions require you to agree to a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) declaring that you have the right to, and actually do, grant us the rights to use your contribution. For details, visit https://cla.microsoft.com.
When you submit a pull request, a CLA-bot will automatically determine whether you need to provide a CLA and decorate the PR appropriately (e.g., label, comment). Simply follow the instructions provided by the bot. You will only need to do this once across all repos using our CLA.
Code of Conduct
Asking Questions, Reporting Bugs & Requesting Features
Please create an issue to ask a question or to report a bug/feature request.
Reporting Security Issues
Security issues and bugs should be reported privately, via email, to the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) at email@example.com. You should receive a response within 24 hours. If for some reason you do not, please follow up via email to ensure we received your original message. Further information, including the MSRC PGP key, can be found in the Security TechCenter.
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the MIT License.